Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-02 (& 03): Wild Card Playoff Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny - I'm all relieved that Gore didn't get on base, but I guess I don't even know who I'd rather see the Brewers play. Shows how much my Cubs loathing is fused to my soul.

I’m the same way. Neither team can hit and I’d just rather not play in Colorado ever. But the Cubs are so hard to like. They scream and pump their fists when they make a simple put out.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
And the Cubs window closes just a little bit more.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It's funny - I'm all relieved that Gore didn't get on base, but I guess I don't even know who I'd rather see the Brewers play. Shows how much my Cubs loathing is fused to my soul.

I look at it this way, between Cubs and Rockies, it's probably a crapshoot anyway.

So seeing the insufferable fanbase suffer tonight doesn't break my heart.

And anyway, it will be nice to have actual homefield advantage. I think for sure that would have been a concern.

It’s over! Even though the Cubs might have been a better matchup, I’m glad they are done.

I agree. I think the Brewers would have a slightly better chance to advance versus this depleted Cubs pitching, but I am happy the Cubs are now a mere afterthought in 2018.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm happy it's the Rockies we play because Miller Park won't be filled with a bunch of Cubs fans.

And I'm happy because I don't have to listen to people complain about Brewer fans who sell their tickets to Cubs fans.

And I'm happy because I hate the Cubs.

And I'm happy because it means the Cardinals and the Cubs suck.

Two heartbreaking losses for the Cubs... what a collapse over this last 4 weeks...

They didn’t collapse, we just flat out when steamrolling and forced the Cubs into a crapshoot pair of games. They just weren’t that good and obviously fatigued. I would not call it a collapse...but they definitely slowed down a lot.

Collapse would have been like 11-17 to end the year. They were 16-12 in September.

There were posters here in the offseason and the beginning of the season that said the Cubs were a shoo-in to the point where the Brewers should sell off assets. The Cubs have a strong core, and will be good for the next several years, but this proves that if you have talent, you should go for it, because you never know when the "favored" team is going to slip up and let you in the door. The Cubs had a good year, but they slipped up just enough to let the Brewers slip in, and are no longer even standing in the doorway.

Archived