Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-02 (& 03): Wild Card Playoff Games

Eye Black
:laughing :laughing :laughing Hey guys Wild Card tickets are available at Noon if you want to go!! They didn't sell out after all!

Cub fan support for that team seems to be waning a bit. There isn't the same excitement and confidence in that group as there is in Brewer fans...or other teams fans really. I would be surprised if they won today.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cubs with a bunch of their starting pitchers on the playoff roster which is actually not a terrible idea. Use them out of the bullpen given the gassed/injured/not good main arm of the Cubs bullpen.

For real. Their pen is trash. If a guy looks decent in the pen...they should roll with that guy as long as he remains effective. That's what they did with Chavez yesterday, he was by far the cubs most effective pitcher. Starters give them an opportunity to find a guy throwing well and let him go 3-4 innings if game situations dictates it to be reasonable.

The Cubs give us a better chance at better game times. And better re-sale if MLB screws us and people can't go.

But "cheaper" tickets for those of us that don't have them that may want to go. :)

I agree with snapper. I really hope we don't get screwed on game times, but if it is indeed 330 and noon I'll have to sell my tickets. Cub fans gives us better resale situation. I'm not super concerned about the stands being loaded with cubs fans for the DS, I would be surprised if it was even 1/3 cub fans. You could see by yesterday that Brewer fans are motivated to attend these games.

i would hope we could have a thread here for guys with tickets so we could sell them (or in my case buy them) to BF.net people?

i would love that - as i will be traveling up from TN this weekend, trying to convince the wife to let the kids out of school friday so we can make the FRI game... :)

I want the Rockies to win...no reason more than I just don't want to play the Cubs again and again. We play huge games with them all year that have a playoff feel. I want something new...new excitement.

I think the Rockies have a legit chance tonight. Good pitcher against a struggling Cubs line-up.

Yes, I've had my fill of the Cubs. We play them enough already and they have been on TV a ton this summer. :tongue

:laughing :laughing :laughing Hey guys Wild Card tickets are available at Noon if you want to go!! They didn't sell out after all!

It would be great to have a large enough Brewers fan contingent to chant "lets go brewers" and psych out both teams...

Wearing their DIVISION CHAMPIONS T-shirts and caps!

I leave this for the masses to comment on...

Bob Nightengale

‏Verified account @BNightengale

6m6 minutes ago

Javy Baez says the #Cubs have to stop worrying about everyone else and just play their game. ‘They (meaning everyone) run their mouths a lot. They know we’re the best.’

Bob Nightengale

6m6 minutes ago

Javy Baez says the #Cubs have to stop worrying about everyone else and just play their game. ‘They (meaning everyone) run their mouths a lot. They know we’re the best.’[/quot

Best ...when, 2016?

Bob Nightengale

6m6 minutes ago

Javy Baez says the #Cubs have to stop worrying about everyone else and just play their game. ‘They (meaning everyone) run their mouths a lot. They know we’re the best.’[/quot

Best ...when, 2016?

I'm sure that "They run their mouths a lot" is a shot a Cole Hamels right? Interesting quote because about 2 weeks ago he was quoted saying that he hopes the Cubs don't have to play the Brewers in the playoffs.

Baez vs. Brewers:

.206/.263/.291 (.544OPS) 0HR 9XBH 141AB 52K

Bob Nightengale

6m6 minutes ago

Javy Baez says the #Cubs have to stop worrying about everyone else and just play their game. ‘They (meaning everyone) run their mouths a lot. They know we’re the best.’

Yeah ok buddy, is that why the Brewers were able to chase them down in September and have won something like 5 of our last 7 games against them? The most scary team in the NL is the Dodgers, other than them...no team jumps out as an "oh man I really don't wanna face them team". The Cubs are no more scary than the Braves or Rockies in my book...heck I might be more concerned facing the Cardinals than the Cubs, but that's moreso because of history than team talent.

Bob Nightengale

6m6 minutes ago

Best ...when, 2016?

I'm sure that "They run their mouths a lot" is a shot a Cole Hamels right? Interesting quote because about 2 weeks ago he was quoted saying that he hopes the Cubs don't have to play the Brewers in the playoffs.

Baez vs. Brewers:

.206/.263/.291 (.544OPS) 0HR 9XBH 141AB 52K

That's a reeeeeeeally high k rate for an mvp candidate......

I have no problem with him thinking that way, heck all guys should think that way really. He shouldn't go home and say 'welp turns out they're better than us'. I just chuckle at the hypocrisy that you're the one running your mouth all the while saying its the other guys running theirs. Pot/kettle, etc. Besides that, generally speaking one shouldn't be tone deaf enough to publicly say this the day after losing but it's not uncommon at all for athletes to say the 'better team didn't win today' and that's basically all he's doing. I think Rodgers says it all the time.

I have no problem with him thinking that way, heck all guys should think that way really. He shouldn't go home and say 'welp turns out they're better than us'. I just chuckle at the hypocrisy that you're the one running your mouth all the while saying its the other guys running theirs. Pot/kettle, etc. Besides that, generally speaking one shouldn't be tone deaf enough to publicly say this the day after losing but it's not uncommon at all for athletes to say the 'better team didn't win today' and that's basically all he's doing. I think Rodgers says it all the time.

I get your point, confidence is a good thing. Rodgers saying he thinks we can run the table is a bit different than what Baez is saying here.

Good for Baez. He’s trying to rally his troops and I fully expect Brewers fans to take those words and make this a huge deal. It’s what fans will do. Let’s go Rockies!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived