Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-02 (& 03): Wild Card Playoff Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hamels would start Thursday, Quintana Friday, Lester Sunday, whoever Monday, Quintana Wednesday.

No way they don’t pitch Quintana twice against us.

I get that, but Quintana would be on four days rest. These guys are very much creatures of habit, so that may throw off his routine.

A full start from Hamels about 40 hours after going 2 innings doesn't seem like a sure thing to me either.

Hamels would start Thursday, Quintana Friday, Lester Sunday, whoever Monday, Quintana Wednesday.

This sounds about right. Hendricks Monday.

Could Hendricks pitch Thursday? Maybe they would prefer him. Maybe they do a weird set up with Hamels/Hendricks Thursday. Neither would need to start again in the NLDS.

I get that, but Quintana would be on four days rest. These guys are very much creatures of habit, so that may throw off his routine.

I’d take Quintana on one leg against the Brewers. They are pitching their starters in the WC game and they are doing just fine.

I don’t see how this is really benefitting the Brewers so far. No reliever has gone 2 innings...big whoop then. The Cubs screwing with their rotation pieces might do something positive if they win, but outside of that no real gain happening here. There is still an off day tomorrow.

Yeah, I don't really buy that anything that happens tonight benefits us in some big material way. Day off tomorrow, they might tweak the roster, guys will go on short rest if needed because it's that time of year.

Whoever wins, the long outing will be mostly forgotten by the NLDS.

Could the broadcasters be rooting for a Cubs win any more obviously?

Watch it on ESPN2. Much, much better.

Why does ESPN have more than one broadcast of the same game?

Because one is good and the other has Mendoza and ARod

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
MOAR INNINGS!!!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think the ESPN2 broadcast has more of a statistics/analytics slant. I just like the announcers better, though. No bias.

Supposedly the ESPN2 broadcast is more "stat-driven," but in the half-inning I watched, I didn't notice it except for them showing the 3D view of the final strike.

Archived