Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-02 (& 03): Wild Card Playoff Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cubs are going to have to empty out their entire rotation in this one to keep this game tied. No pinch hitters left either.

Good call, Hendricks in now. Hopefully this game will go forever.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I think what Baez did was probably inappropriate but I don't think it is actually interference if you look at it reasonably. I don't think what he did stopped the double play at all.

Interference being actually stopping a DP or intending to stop an attempt?

Either, I don't think there was ever a chance at a double play in that play.

To play devil's advocate, it is entirely possible that Baez hugged there to help prevent a hard collision. Can't be sure either way, but I don't think it's egregious that it wasn't called interference.

The only thing that was egregious was that Arenado hugged back. Fighting for your season and you dont try to force your way out of that hug?

Its interference because he is out, its a live play, and he actively interfered with a defender.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Who are Cubs going to pitch Thursday and Friday?

Dont need to pitch anyone if they lose. And if they win i would welcome a bullpen game or 2.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Every time the Rockies' don't score in the top of an inning, MV keeps saying that the Cubs have a chance to walk it off.

By the sheer fact that they bat last, the Cubs will always have a chance to walk it off, regardless of how many runs the Rockies score.

Cubs can shuffle their 25 man if they win tonight. Can't imagine they would leave off Hamels or Hendricks but they can change the roster.

Not that it's going to make it easier for them but Maddon has to do whatever he needs to do to win tonight. It doesn't matter if he needs to use every pitcher on their roster.

Hamels would start Thursday, Quintana Friday, Lester Sunday, whoever Monday, Quintana Wednesday.

No way they don’t pitch Quintana twice against us.

I get that, but Quintana would be on four days rest. These guys are very much creatures of habit, so that may throw off his routine.

Hamels would start Thursday, Quintana Friday, Lester Sunday, whoever Monday, Quintana Wednesday.

No way they don’t pitch Quintana twice against us.

This sounds about right. Hendricks Monday.

I don’t see how this is really benefitting the Brewers so far. No reliever has gone 2 innings...big whoop then. The Cubs screwing with their rotation pieces might do something positive if they win, but outside of that no real gain happening here. There is still an off day tomorrow.

Archived