Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-02 (& 03): Wild Card Playoff Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heyward is so bad it is just funny looking at the contract they gave him. Add in Darvish and Chatwood and how much talent they gave up in trades the past few years and the Cubs really pissed away the huge advantage they had in the division.

I caught a lot of flack for this earlier in the season but the Cubs went from a team I thought would reign supreme in the division for at least 6 or 7 years to one on equal footing with the top teams very fast. They are a really good team but they do not stand out above the other very good teams in the game at this point.

I don't understand why we get so many posts during the season, "Oh, Theo is so good. Theo this, Theo that. Hamels, Murphy, Theo is great!"

Theo is fine for a big market GM. He has also pissed away a ton of money on bad contracts.

I'd say he did a lot better job rebuilding the Cubs than he has done maintaining them as a contender.

I wonder if the Rockies will consider going with starter Antonio Senzatela if extra innings continue on?

The Rockies bullpen is very deep, they have 3 or 4 more arms that are better than going to Senzatela imo. The longer this game goes the bigger the advantage is for the Rockies.

I can't stand ARod

Seriously just watch the statcast broadcast. The espn one is unwatchable.

Aww man, I totally forgot they were doing this. I'm kicking myself now for torturing myself for more than a full game listening to the ESPN guys.

Man this tie game has me thinking about buying Sunday tickets if the Cubs win...but a bunch of rain in the weekend forecast makes me want to puke thinking about it.

This is why Miller Park is better. Always a game, no rain BS to worry about.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Oh
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I can't stand ARod

Seriously just watch the statcast broadcast. The espn one is unwatchable.

Had no idea! Thanks!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I kind of want to see this little dude walk it off.

I think he'd have to walk out to the wall and get a spotter to help him throw the ball over the wall.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It’s probably not the case, but it seems whenever the Cubs go to extras they walk off in the bottom of the 10th.

You also said you were sure they'd win in the bottom of the 9th ... ;)

Did I? I thought I just said it feels like a Cubs walkoff game.

Edit: Although that does sound like something I’d say...

Archived