Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-02 (& 03): Wild Card Playoff Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Davis can't locate jack squat.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

it'll be a murderer's row of Cub hitters I'd hate watch hit a HR, too - Murphy, Contreras, and probably Schwarber.

I mean, is there really one we wouldn't hate to see? LaStella, maybe? Ha.

I know Zobrist a little bit back from playing days in college - so there's at least one that wouldn't force me to drive off a cliff, lol...

Heyward is so bad it is just funny looking at the contract they gave him. Add in Darvish and Chatwood and how much talent they gave up in trades the past few years and the Cubs really pissed away the huge advantage they had in the division.

I caught a lot of flack for this earlier in the season but the Cubs went from a team I thought would reign supreme in the division for at least 6 or 7 years to one on equal footing with the top teams very fast. They are a really good team but they do not stand out above the other very good teams in the game at this point.

Yes! Extra innings...lots of them!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I hate how every walk, strikeout, hit, out, etc., is the most exciting thing to ever happen in MLB history to both the Cubs players and their fans.

At first it annoyed me, but I think it's because I wasn't used to it, since baseball players are the pissiest of all athletes. But I say have fun, be excited!

This is going to end very soon here...

#hoping4FreezingColdTake

I don't want to face the Cubs more because of their obnoxious fanbase, rather than actually facing the team. The Cubs offense has been junk lately, and their pen is gassed and vulnerable. I think the Brewers match up very will with the current rendition of the Cubs.

Heyward is so bad it is just funny looking at the contract they gave him. Add in Darvish and Chatwood and how much talent they gave up in trades the past few years and the Cubs really pissed away the huge advantage they had in the division.

Remember at the end of June all the Cubs fans thought he had "figured it out"?

Good thing they switched out Blackmon :rolleyes

After that last inning I don't know which team I want to win... Initially I wanted the Rockies as they just don't have the talent of the Cubs, but after seeing another inning of the futile Cubs offense it would be really nice to kick them out of the playoffs...

Archived