Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
I would also guess that no triple crown winner has spent most of the season as the #2 hitter, so pretty impressive to have the RBI totals from that spot in the NL.

Here the baserunners for Yelich: [Total (Runner on 1st, R2, R3)]

382 (211-116-55)

Here is for Baez:

447 (225-142-80)

So Baez came to the plate with 51 more runners in scoring position but has 2 more RBIs

I think that stat says all you need to know about the special level Yelich has performed at this year! WOW.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be following with gameday and Uek, so please inform us poor people "working" of what actually happens in the game.

I feel like our offense rarely take 2 turds in a row, so overall I am feeling good about at least playing on Thursday. Taking today in Wrigley would be so, so sweet though. Ideal situation is the winning run scoring on a Baez error.

Yelich is 1 HR, 2 RBI and 1 run away from leading the league in those categories.

Is there a name for leading the league in those 4 categories? Has it ever happened before?

Ted Williams did it in both of his triple crown seasons. Likely others as well

Well sounded like Yelich had the weakest hit ball of the inning

Yeah. Cain drilled one to Baez. Yelich drove it straight into the ground, but it hopped crazy high so he had time to leg it out. Braun's was pretty much a standard grounder to short.

I will be following with gameday and Uek, so please inform us poor people "working" of what actually happens in the game.

I feel like our offense rarely take 2 turds in a row, so overall I am feeling good about at least playing on Thursday. Taking today in Wrigley would be so, so sweet though. Ideal situation is the winning run scoring on a Baez error.

Yelich is 1 HR, 2 RBI and 1 run away from leading the league in those categories.

Is there a name for leading the league in those 4 categories? Has it ever happened before?

Ted Williams did it in both of his triple crown seasons. Likely others as well

I forget the year, but Musial led the league in 2B, 3B, runs, RBI, well just about everything except HR which he missed by one. (he had a HR erased by rain) Yelich has a chance for the crown if they pitch to him.

Yeah. Cain drilled one to Baez. Yelich drove it straight into the ground, but it hopped crazy high so he had time to leg it out. Braun's was pretty much a standard grounder to short.

Braun did hit it 104 mph. Just right to Baez.

I'm already confused about the strike zone. Chacin throws one that's called a strike in the upper right corner of the zone. Two pitches later, same height, down the middle, and it's a ball.

Looked like Kratz didn't frame it very well.

Braun did hit it 104 mph. Just right to Baez.

Huh. Didn't realize it was hit that hard. I think because it hit the ground closer to home plate, whereas Cain's was basically a low liner, it looked weaker to me.

Archived