Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My school rocks. We just got a district email with a live feed of ESPN to watch the game on our smartboards. Now I don't have to sneak it. Brewers gear flowing all throughout the school as well. Let's get it!

That's fantastic! I'm hoping to shut my office door and turn up the radio. We'll see how long that lasts

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If we lose two in a row can we just shut this place down for a couple weeks?

Ha! No kidding.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
8 pages before first pitch. Some kind of bf.net record?

Interesting thought. Only other game that might have come close would have been the one against the Cubs back in 2008 when Braun hit that dinger in the 8th.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We should feel bad for the Cubs because they've had a handful of minor injuries

*Brewers' best pitcher by a substantial margin misses entire season*

Name a substantial player on the brewers that hasn't been on the DL? Shaw, maybe Aguilar. That's about it. All of Braun, Yelich, Cain, Thames, Pina have seen time on the DL. Heck shaw may have as well. Every team has had their injuries, cubs can eat crow. Let's goooooo!!!!!

Will ESPN stream the game live?

Would I need a subscription, or will it just be there, for the watching?

I don't know, but Reddit MLB Streams if this fails you.

does said site happen to have an app? or browser only from your knowledge ?

Not really. That website will just link to other websites that have the game, so you are likely stuck to the browser.

Name a substantial player on the brewers that hasn't been on the DL? Shaw, maybe Aguilar. That's about it. All of Braun, Yelich, Cain, Thames, Pina have seen time on the DL. Heck shaw may have as well. Every team has had their injuries, cubs can eat crow. Let's goooooo!!!!!

2nd or 3rd best P going into the year has also basically missed the vast majority of the year in Davies.

2nd or 3rd best P going into the year has also basically missed the vast majority of the year in Davies.

And our breakout starting RF from last year and our breakout AS Closer from last year both go into major tailspins and don't recover for ~5 months. Its great we have them now but having a good Santana and Knebel all year would have been amazing.

Heck, arguably the guy who's been their best starter this year (Miley) missed a large chunk of the season. Joe, just because the Brewers didn't go out and throw a stupid contract at Darvish doesn't mean that they haven't been affected by injury as well. Every team has.

Another consequence to losing is that our best-case scenario is heading right back to Wrigley on Thursday. Don't want that.

If right now, you gave me a guarantee that we'd be heading back to Wrigley on Thursday...I would take it in a heartbeat.

I have to second that - if the worst case scenario right now - was heading back to Wrigley Thursday.... please, sign me up!! :)

I will be following with gameday and Uek, so please inform us poor people "working" of what actually happens in the game.

I feel like our offense rarely take 2 turds in a row, so overall I am feeling good about at least playing on Thursday. Taking today in Wrigley would be so, so sweet though. Ideal situation is the winning run scoring on a Baez error.

Yelich is 1 HR, 2 RBI and 1 run away from leading the league in those categories.

I will be following with gameday and Uek, so please inform us poor people "working" of what actually happens in the game.

I feel like our offense rarely take 2 turds in a row, so overall I am feeling good about at least playing on Thursday. Taking today in Wrigley would be so, so sweet though. Ideal situation is the winning run scoring on a Baez error.

Yelich is 1 HR, 2 RBI and 1 run away from leading the league in those categories.

Especially if that run comes off a swipe tag attempt

It can't be understated that Yelich also missed time on the DL, while Baez did not. Give him those 2 weeks back, he easily has the triple crown.

I would also guess that no triple crown winner has spent most of the season as the #2 hitter, so pretty impressive to have the RBI totals from that spot in the NL.

Here the baserunners for Yelich: [Total (Runner on 1st, R2, R3)]

382 (211-116-55)

Here is for Baez:

447 (225-142-80)

So Baez came to the plate with 51 more runners in scoring position but has 2 more RBIs

Is there a name for leading the league in those 4 categories? Has it ever happened before?

Archived