Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first few innings are going to be huge. I could see either team using their "B Team" relievers if they are faced with an early deficit, saving the "A Team" for a potential elimination game the next day. Here's to hoping the Brewers can figure out Quintana!

I'm hoping if the Brewers pitch guys like Burnes, Soria, Knebel and Jeffress, they can be efficient and not multiple innings so that those guys are available tomorrow. I'd put Hader in that group too, but I just don't know if Counsell would let him go on back-to-back days regardless of how many pitches he throws.

My hope is that the Brewers get up big early, and Chacin and Chase Anderson can get us through most of it.

The first few innings are going to be huge. I could see either team using their "B Team" relievers if they are faced with an early deficit, saving the "A Team" for a potential elimination game the next day. Here's to hoping the Brewers can figure out Quintana!

I'm hoping if the Brewers pitch guys like Burnes, Soria, Knebel and Jeffress, they can be efficient and not multiple innings so that those guys are available tomorrow. I'd put Hader in that group too, but I just don't know if Counsell would let him go on back-to-back days regardless of how many pitches he throws.

My hope is that the Brewers get up big early, and Chacin and Chase Anderson can get us through most of it.

So many options. Such a fluid situation. So many possibilities. I'd love to see the flow chart they put together for today.

Ok - anyone in the know - I have the at bat MLB ap, with the Brewers package.

I do not have cable...

So am i able to still get the audio feed from WTMJ? Is there a streaming online option for us out of the area that you guys know about/use?

Thanks in advance!

I think despite the powerhouse lineups, the game will come down to a play or two in the field. Can't give extra outs. I think the Brewers make some big plays in the field and utilize some speed on the bases to force some errors by the Cubs.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2018/09/30/cubs-brewers-nl-central-division-title/1482791002/

Such a weird story. "We're obviously the favorites, but you should feel sorry for us anyway." Bob Nightengale sucks.

It's almost like Maddon and the Cubs are annoyed that they have to play this game. Like they should be crowned champs already. Well, Joe if your offense wouldn't have taken a vacation in two against the Pirates last week, and against Mikolas on Saturday, you wouldn't be playing this game.

After reading that, I hope the Brewers crush them 14-0.

What a crock - manager/player quotes are totally fine, but the writer slants that article very poorly. I clicked to see if there were two articles written about this game, one from a Brewers' perspective and Nightengale's from a Cubs' perspective - nope.

It would be so sweet to win the division there today at Wrigley - I hope the bats wake up in a big way against a lefty starter.

I do not have cable...

So am i able to still get the audio feed from WTMJ? Is there a streaming online option for us out of the area that you guys know about/use?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think audio is ever subject to blackout, so I would imagine WTMJ should still come through. The only "official" streaming option is through espn with a verified account. The typical mlb.tv stream will be blacked out for everyone (blackout rules had a specific line item for the tiebreaker game). My plan is to see what google can help me find in a bout an hour using the recommendations from yesterdays IGT.

I do not have cable...

Thanks in advance!

I don't think audio is ever subject to blackout, so I would imagine WTMJ should still come through. The only "official" streaming option is through espn with a verified account. The typical mlb.tv stream will be blacked out for everyone (blackout rules had a specific line item for the tiebreaker game). My plan is to see what google can help me find in a bout an hour using the recommendations from yesterdays IGT.

As i suspected. TY sir!

I do not have cable...

Thanks in advance!

Reddit is usually a great help for things like this.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I think you try not to use Hader today unless the situation really calls for it. If Chacin goes relatively deep, then Jeffress, Knebel, Soria and Cedeno can finish it out. Hader seems to do best on a lot of rest, and it would be fantastic to have him and Burnes ready for tomorrow when a weaker starter (Or even a bullpen game) is on the mound. But that being said, if the situation calls for Hader, then go to Hader.

I think you try not to use Hader today unless the situation really calls for it. If Chacin goes relatively deep, then Jeffress, Knebel, Soria and Cedeno can finish it out. Hader seems to do best on a lot of rest, and it would be fantastic to have him and Burnes ready for tomorrow when a weaker starter (Or even a bullpen game) is on the mound. But that being said, if the situation calls for Hader, then go to Hader.

If the situation calls for Hader, it likely means the Brewers are nursing a small lead, and they are trying to shut the Cubs down. If the pen pitches well in that situation, Hader would come back Thursday on his typical rest. I don't think he sees the mound if they are down or even tied today.

Win or lose, I refuse to get mad at this team today. What a treat they have been. Hoping like hell that they can pull this off!

This. Right here.....Let's take this one all in guys. If we lose, it's not over. We have tomorrow. But this game, let this game be fun and loose, just like the players. Let the Cubs boards go 50+ pages long with arguments and shenanigans. You've done your jobs for 162. Now time to just enjoy 163 no matter what!

Will ESPN stream the game live?

Would I need a subscription, or will it just be there, for the watching?

I don't know, but Reddit MLB Streams if this fails you.

does said site happen to have an app? or browser only from your knowledge ?

My school rocks. We just got a district email with a live feed of ESPN to watch the game on our smartboards. Now I don't have to sneak it. Brewers gear flowing all throughout the school as well. Let's get it!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My school rocks. We just got a district email with a live feed of ESPN to watch the game on our smartboards. Now I don't have to sneak it. Brewers gear flowing all throughout the school as well. Let's get it!

THAT is AWESOME!

No such luck at my school...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived