Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
They are just mad they won 95 games and didn't win the division with ease. That is what happens to spoiled kids after a few years of success. I hope the attitudes prior to this game translate when the players take the field. Cubs feel entitled...time to rain on that parade.

To me it is their fans who are insufferable and not the players - save that one clown (a pitcher?) who said this isn't a rivalry.

I have an older couple who are neighbors and Big Cub Fans. They have a W flag on their porch. Long story short, I have been grilling steaks and drinking some Miller Lites out back for hours this evening. They are out back as well. No “Hi” no nothing. Petty as hell. Any thoughts on how to approach this?? Look forward to creative responses.

Hang a Brewers flag out back? ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

went back and watched some of the good points again last night before bed... and holy cow... what a game, what a week, and season!

I'm super excited for Thursday.... just sucks its 2 days away lol, but glad we get the extra rest - it'll be helpful I am sure.

We just snatched the division , from the Cubs, on their turf, this non-rivalry, them thinking they had the division in the bag, and nobody else giving us a chance. Think about that for a minute. Wow.

I hope they banned those guys from the ballpark today. Go out and be a human for a day. It's going to be a long month.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Didn't get to read through the entire thread, but I think one reason Brewers fans were able to turn out so well was just how the tickets were sold.

Maybe the Brewers could hold non-SSH seats for future Cubs games until 24-48 hours before the series or something similar then have a flash sale of sorts to try & get more Brewer fans at MP for those games.

Was a lot of fun countering Cubs fans booing Braun with Sammy Sosa chants & yelling OBP whenever they chanted MVP for Baez.

But the best were the Miller Park South chants that started as the Brewers took the lead & closed out the game.

Maybe the Brewers could hold non-SSH seats for future Cubs games until 24-48 hours before the series or something similar then have a flash sale of sorts to try & get more Brewer fans at MP for those games.

I think that would be a disastrous ideas for a regular season game.

Nice to see ESPN can't even get a single headline up for Milwaukee while they fawn over LA.

Man, this is a HUUUUUGE whinny pet peeve of mine. "Nobody is even saying good job to our team because they hate us," crap.

The Brewers have gotten a TON of time in the National Spotlight, even while three teams finished with 100+wins, including the defending WS champs.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I have an older couple who are neighbors and Big Cub Fans. They have a W flag on their porch. Long story short, I have been grilling steaks and drinking some Miller Lites out back for hours this evening. They are out back as well. No “Hi” no nothing. Petty as hell. Any thoughts on how to approach this?? Look forward to creative responses.

Hang a Brewers flag out back? ;)

No, OVER THE TOP niceness. Like...corny niceness combined with sarcastic cluelessness. "well golly gee, isn't it great to see you guys today. How was your day yesterday? Anything happen? Me, I just did a little yard work, nothing special on TV...watched a little bit late, but it was basically a rerun of the past 6 months shows(Hader).

And when they get mad, go all Queen of England on them, put your hand out limply and say, Oh my, have I offended you? I surely meant no harm....whatEVER could I have said that may have offended you?

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Can we pin this thread to the board? I want to look at it all winter, whatever happens from here out.

WOAH SOLVDD

IIRC, this surpasses the likes of the Gomez nontrade and the cheese sandwich in thread length.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So a couple busy days has me just now here at the thread, but I figured I'd share my game story.

I'm stuck at work and typically have meetings most of the day (manager). Somehow, a few meetings were cancelled and I was able to work at my desk while listening to Ueck the whole time... Until it was the bottom of the 9th. 3PM and we have a meeting schedule, but the organizer is in France for the week. But of course, he has a backup that runs a pretty pointless meeting for 30 min. All the while I'm trying to figure out what is going on in the game. Of course, I work in MN, where they have pretty much given up on sports (Twins are out, Vikings are losing, Gophers are terrible, even the Lynx couldn't win this year).

So finally, the meeting ends and I was able to find the outcome. But it was so ironic that it was exactly at the bottom of the ninth. And I enjoyed razzing a couple Cubs fan in the office. :)

I'm a teacher, and like most other teachers in my building, we had the game up on our computers...

Our school day ends at 3:00, at that exact time, my principal came into my office because he knew I'd have the game up. lol

We watched the conclusion along with a couple other teachers who wondered in. When it was over, we were all in my office, hooting and hollering, high fiving and just generally being guys...

It was awesome!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 3 months later...

Archived