Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my play/sequence of the game was that awesome strike 2 call on Heyward by the ump on a 3-1 pitch when he obviously had the count wrong in his head, followed by Heyward hitting a flyball to right that Wrigley thought was hit 500 feet.

I laughed for the entire commercial break after that.

I think my play/sequence of the game was that awesome strike 2 call on Heyward by the ump on a 3-1 pitch when he obviously had the count wrong in his head, followed by Heyward hitting a flyball to right that Wrigley thought was hit 500 feet.

TBF i thought it was gone off the bat. But yes, hilarious. Loved how the ump started laughing at himself too.

They are just mad they won 95 games and didn't win the division with ease. That is what happens to spoiled kids after a few years of success. I hope the attitudes prior to this game translate when the players take the field. Cubs feel entitled...time to rain on that parade.

To me it is their fans who are insufferable and not the players - save that one clown (a pitcher?) who said this isn't a rivalry.

I have an older couple who are neighbors and Big Cub Fans. They have a W flag on their porch. Long story short, I have been grilling steaks and drinking some Miller Lites out back for hours this evening. They are out back as well. No “Hi” no nothing. Petty as hell. Any thoughts on how to approach this?? Look forward to creative responses.

My pettyness would have had an “L” flag and would replace theirs in the middle of the night with it. I’d leave theirs nicely rolled up and all...no need to be a total douche.

Tremendous. I wish I had that L flag unveiled in the left field bleachers last month!!

They are just mad they won 95 games and didn't win the division with ease. That is what happens to spoiled kids after a few years of success. I hope the attitudes prior to this game translate when the players take the field. Cubs feel entitled...time to rain on that parade.

To me it is their fans who are insufferable and not the players - save that one clown (a pitcher?) who said this isn't a rivalry.

I have an older couple who are neighbors and Big Cub Fans. They have a W flag on their porch. Long story short, I have been grilling steaks and drinking some Miller Lites out back for hours this evening. They are out back as well. No “Hi” no nothing. Petty as hell. Any thoughts on how to approach this?? Look forward to creative responses.

Tell them they need to change their flag for one...

I'd probably walk over and congratulate the Cubs for earning a Wildcard berth while sipping said Miller Lite, then remind them they should change their W flag or at least take it down because "it's bad luck to assume victory in tomorrow's wild card game"

The disappointment by the ESPN commentary. The voice change mid flight/sighs.

I'm not going to pretend that Brewer's fans wouldn't do this, but I found it quite annoying that 3 or 4 Cubs fans were shown cussing out the umpire when this happened. Even after he corrected the count they were just screaming at him like he purposely tried to screw the Cubs over.

I wouldn't say anything to the neighbors. Keep in mind that the Cubs could still knock us out of the playoffs. If they get knocked out before us, then have at it.

Perhaps invite them over to watch the WC game and cheer with them? Be neighborly? I don't know.

Cubs -145/Brewers +130

538: 54-46 Cubs

Fangraphs 53-47 Cubs

I didn't have time to crunch some numbers this morning, but I did so now out of curiosity.

Say for discussions sake, the home team has a 55% chance of winning a given game. Then,

p(W/WC) = 0.55

p(W/LDS) = .519

P(W/LCS) = .524

In other words, a #4 seed chances of winning the pennant is .126 and the #1 seed 0.272.

So the breakeven point is (.126)/(.126+.272) = .316

So if the Brewers had a better than 31.6% chance of winning today then yes, go all in from the start.

Archived