Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you David Stearns. Thank you Craig Counsell. So many contributors and they all play for each other. What an enjoyable season and the best game of the regular season for last. Rest up, get ready to refocus and make it a season for the ages.

Final game of the regular season vs. the Cubs with a lot at stake. Braun comes through with a big hit in the 8th inning to give us a 3-1 lead. Our dominant lefty closes the door with the tying run at the plate.

Seems I've seen this movie before...

Even if we play the Cubs in the NLDS, Quintana's armor of invincibility has been shattered, and the Cubs can only pitch him once in a 5 game series.

So happy right now.

"Shattered" may be a BIIIIT of an overstatement....

Still....this was a lost year IMO. Yellich looked like a good move until the last day of the year when he blew it. All he needed was another HR and a few lousy RBI and he couldn't get it done. Yellich=Not Clutch.......(I don't really even need blue for this, right?)

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I'm so happy. And my 9-year old, who doesn't really quite understand the depths of my fandom or the significance of this game (though I've been teaching him), got to watch the last couple innings and was really into it (except when he missed the first two outs of the 9th to take a dump).

I'm so happy. And my 9-year old, who doesn't really quite understand the depths of my fandom or the significance of this game (though I've been teaching him), got to watch the last couple innings and was really into it (except when he missed the first two outs of the 9th to take a dump).

only a 2 batter dump, I guess you don't have enough reading material in the throne room

Final game of the regular season vs. the Cubs with a lot at stake. Braun comes through with a big hit in the 8th inning to give us a 3-1 lead. Our dominant lefty closes the door with the tying run at the plate.

Seems I've seen this movie before...

Our light highting SS goes 4-4?

Well....maybe that just made the DVD box set with director cuts!

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Priorities.

Archived