Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we lose this game because Counsell will be too scared to use good relievers in a tie or close deficit game...just my thoughts.

Cedeno and Soria up. Both are good.

Compared to Knebel, Hader, Jeffress?

This pen is top notch. Way more than three guys deep. Can throw Burnes, Woodruff and even Guerra into the mix as guys who have thrown great lately.

Huge swing inning for Chacin. Counsell pretty much stuck riding him here with the possibility of tomorrow looming.

Lead off walks are not ideal....

Absolutely not, I'd expect Cedeno to face Murphy after this AB barring a GIDP.

I get the change now, but not to start the inning was what I was referring to.

I think we lose this game because Counsell will be too scared to use good relievers in a tie or close deficit game...just my thoughts.

And by scared you mean smart? There is no reason to be going to your best guys in this game when it is tied.

Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive Think Positive

Yikes, that's a quick hook IMO considering game situation.

I think it's the right call. You should be able to bridge 3 1/3 with the pen but you have to score. That's on the offense, not the hook. He was starting to really labor anyway.

Trot Burnes out for 2 innings after Cedeno and hope we can get lead at some point.

Yikes, that's a quick hook IMO considering game situation.

I think it's the right call. You should be able to bridge 3 1/3 with the pen but you have to score. That's on the offense, not the hook. He was starting to really labor anyway.

I could have understood either decision. We have plenty of relievers to get the remaining outs. As long as nobody cracks 25 pitches, the pen will be fine for tomorrow.

Archived