Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Chacin is pitching well, you let him get a full flipping start...no early pen needed.

The situation will probably play itself out. Counsell said they wanted to get some length today. They'll probably pitch him until he gets near 100 pitches or gets in trouble.

Once it gets to the 8th maybe they'll think otherwise.

"When do you start to press that bullpen button?" - Karl Ravich

Really?

His toupe has really messed with his mind.

It's like national broadcasters think that the Brewers typically go to the pen after 3 or 4. I mean, that happens, but only when the starter gets in trouble or they need the pinch hitter. Like Counsell just said, Chacin is rolling, so stick with him until he gets in trouble.

Call the game, rather than try to fit a narrative. (Saying this to the announcers)

In my little league All-Star game, I had one AB. Coach had me bunt and the pitcher threw it at my head. I dropped straight down to get out of the way, but my bat hung up in the air. The ball hit it and went foul. That POS coach actually yelled at me. I was 12 years old.

Was it Coach Cooper?

He only yelled at me. He didn't extinguish his cigar on my forearm.

Archived