Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they keep talking about how awesome the Cubs lineup is...no hits through 3...

#namesnotnumbers

I mean, it IS a really good lineup. They've been woefully inconsistent this season, but that's a top-3 lineup in MLB when they are on.

#namesnotnumbers

I mean, it IS a really good lineup. They've been woefully inconsistent this season, but that's a top-3 lineup in MLB when they are on.

Right, I think they're 3rd or 4th in the NL in runs scored with Bryant hurt all year and have also added really good Murphy at the end too. Their lineup is good, plus for the most part they're smart patient hitters all the way, ironically besides Baez

Maybe Contreras hears the "Moose" call and his feelings get hurt because he thinks it is directed at him. How will the Mastermind Maddon deal with that? He already had to unhurt Contreras' feelings for putting him in the 9 hole. Mental midget.

#namesnotnumbers

I actually disagree. They seem super good on paper because Almora, Contreras, Schwarber, Russell, etc once upon a time had decent stretches but really are not that great of hitters. Their lineup is certainly better when Bryant isn't injured. But really it's Rizzo/Bryant that make their offense go. Baez is starting to step up as a solid 3rd best hitter but the rest is very mehh.

#namesnotnumbers

I actually disagree. They seem super good on paper because Almora, Contreras, Schwarber, Russell, etc once upon a time had decent stretches but really are not that great of hitters. Their lineup is certainly better when Bryant isn't injured. But really it's Rizzo/Bryant that make their offense go. Baez is starting to step up as a solid 3rd best hitter but the rest is very mehh.

They don't have an Arcia/Kratz type in their lineup like most teams. Having 8 solid hitters is a huge step up to most teams.

Big innings here. Second time through. Please go as smooth as the first time through.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

In my little league All-Star game, I had one AB. Coach had me bunt and the pitcher threw it at my head. I dropped straight down to get out of the way, but my bat hung up in the air. The ball hit it and went foul. That POS coach actually yelled at me. I was 12 years old.

Was it Coach Cooper?

THAT was funny right there...

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

"When do you start to press that bullpen button?" - Karl Ravich

Really?

His toupe has really messed with his mind.

It's like national broadcasters think that the Brewers typically go to the pen after 3 or 4. I mean, that happens, but only when the starter gets in trouble or they need the pinch hitter. Like Counsell just said, Chacin is rolling, so stick with him until he gets in trouble.

In my little league All-Star game, I had one AB. Coach had me bunt and the pitcher threw it at my head. I dropped straight down to get out of the way, but my bat hung up in the air. The ball hit it and went foul. That POS coach actually yelled at me. I was 12 years old.

Was it Coach Cooper?

THAT was funny right there...

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

That's gold Jerry, gold.

I rarely advocate for Perez in the lineup, but Moose over Perez seems like an odd choice today. Perhaps CC wants to try to keep a good L/R mix on the bench today.

I'm guessing that's it, plus big game experience.

I was trying to figure out the lineup last night and I thought Perez would be starting in place of Arcia (maybe at 2nd with Schoop at SS, I don't know) and that only one of Shaw or Moose would play. Thought that gave them a good L/R mix, the best offensive lineup possible given the pitcher, and still good enough defense.

Archived