Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win 3-1; 2018 NL Central Champs!]

Eye Black

HGmpiNB.jpg

HGmpSRC.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Cubs Lineup

1. CF Lorenzo Cain R 1. 2B Daniel Murphy L

2. RF Christian Yelich L 2. RF Ben Zobrist S

3. LF Ryan Braun R 3. SS Javier Báez R

4. 1B Jesús Aguilar R 4. 1B Anthony Rizzo L

5. 2B Jonathan Schoop R 5. 3B Kris Bryant R

6. 3B Mike Moustakas L 6. LF Kyle Schwarber L

7. C Erik Kratz R 7. CF Jason Heyward L

8. SS Orlando Arcia R 8. P José Quintana L

9. P Jhoulys Chacín R 9. C Willson Contreras R[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Game 163 for the National League Central Crown!!!

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bullpen game *fingers crossed* will cause Cubs fans to explode

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I know it's just the regular season, but this feels like a big game.

Is this a MUST WIN? ( I know the answer to the quaetion, but I just had to ask)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I wonder if the reason CC didn't name a starter is because he doesn't want one of the young bullpen guys thinking about it all night?

Would he go with Woodruff or Freddy or Burnes for a couple of innings and then mix and match from there?

Would be a lot to ask one of those guys to deal with the pressure but Freddy basically did it against the Cards after 1 hitter.

We’re due against Quintana. The rest of the league seems to have figured him out, too much to ask for Schoop to have a good

Game?

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Craig refuses to name a starter, everyone is mystified as game time rolls around and nobody is on the mound for the Brewers, suddenly the lights dim, entrance music blares, and out from right field emerges... Jimmy Nelson!

The person starting this game already knows. We just don’t know.

I’d bet Chacin, not sure why you wouldn’t go with him. That was there preference in the WC game...now with the surprise of an even bigger one game playoff why would he not start it?

The person starting this game already knows. We just don’t know.

I’d bet Chacin, not sure why you wouldn’t go with him. That was there preference in the WC game...now with the surprise of an even bigger one game playoff why would he not start it?

Then who starts Tuesday if we lose tomorrow? I would argue the (possible) WC game is still bigger because it's the last stop.

Anderson for 2 and when his spot comes up in the lineup you PH for him. Then Woodruff for 2 and when his spot in the lineup comes up you PH for him. Then Peralta for 2 and when his spot in the lineup comes up you PH for him. Then the rest of the bullpen takes it the rest of the way.

If we have a lead after 4 1/2 I might even skip Peralta and go straight to Hader, Knebel, Soria, JJ for the last 5 innings.

The delay in naming the starter makes me think they are going to ride or die with Peralta. That would be pretty risky ... but if good Freddy shows up, it could be one heck of a game. Counsell is a very calculated guy. They've known for at least the last week that this scenario was a possibility. They know exactly what they're doing, and think they are gaining some sort of strategic advantage by not naming anyone.

I doubt they go straight bullpen game, as if they did that, they'd be forced to use most of their top relievers. Which would leave them shorted handed on Tuesday more than likely.

yeah, basically, we need to take care of that first 4 innings, then let the BP take over as mentioned the post before mine. We win, we have a two day rest to get everyone back on track.

All this angst about who starts. Does it really matter? We will throw out one of our starters that has a 50/50 chance of being good for four innings and hope for the best. The analytics will decide who that is.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I’ve already counted myself as useless for tomorrow . Going to be getting real sick about 1130 , likely need to head home for rest.

My obvious Brewer love at work will not allow me to do that. Everyone, including my principal, would know exactly what I was doing...lol

I’ve already counted myself as useless for tomorrow . Going to be getting real sick about 1130 , likely need to head home for rest.

I'm feeling a plumbing issue at the house that I need to see resolved.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived