Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-30: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-0 -- 7th Straight Win; Aguilar and Shaw hit HRs; Game 163 Tomorrow]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My wife: "the tigers have like three guys with an on base over .280 why are we letting them score 5 runs a game?!?!?!"

Um....

No idea.

I make myself feel better by reminding myself that a bad OBP doesn't mean a zero OBP.

Right, I get that. We get that. To casual fans (like my wife) it doesnt make any sense. To us, its frustrating.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How controversial and hilarious would it be if the rains started pouring after 5 with a Cardinal lead and they couldn't resume play? :laughing How long would they wait? All night?

I really wonder if that happened and they couldn't resume play all night, if the league would do something to adjust the schedule and let them continue tomorrow.

Wouldn't that be in total violation of league rules? Regular season, 5+ innings. Official game.

How controversial and hilarious would it be if the rains started pouring after 5 with a Cardinal lead and they couldn't resume play? :laughing How long would they wait? All night?

I really wonder if that happened and they couldn't resume play all night, if the league would do something to adjust the schedule and let them continue tomorrow.

That would be the prudent thing to do I would think. So much on the line.

Wouldn't that be in total violation of league rules? Regular season, 5+ innings. Official game.

I would protest.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I’m hoping Gio can get through this inning with the 2-0 lead maintained. Then someone else can come in to pitch the 4th.

Now he’s through the meat of their order though. I stick with him now. I wouldn’t let him bat or face the order a third time, but he should be able to navigate through the bottom of that line up.

Eh, Gio was fine that inning. The one guy who got on was because of an error.

The results are fine so far, but his off speed stuff is not working today (which is the red flag for him having a bad outing)

I’m hoping Gio can get through this inning with the 2-0 lead maintained. Then someone else can come in to pitch the 4th.

Now he’s through the meat of their order though. I stick with him now. I wouldn’t let him bat or face the order a third time, but he should be able to navigate through the bottom of that line up.

I can see that. I’d have someone warming up in case he gets into trouble though.

Archived