Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-30: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-0 -- 7th Straight Win; Aguilar and Shaw hit HRs; Game 163 Tomorrow]

Eye Black
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I caved and bought tickets even though the bank account is already suffering with buying all those playoff tickets. Couldn’t miss this. Can’t wait!

This level of fandom and dedication should be acknowledged and applauded. The only thing left for you to do today is get loud and blow the roof off MP. Bravo.

Props to all of those who will be in attendance today. I hope you come away from today's game with lifelong memories of wild celebrations and the smell of champagne in the air.

Correction. The only thing left for him to do is buy me tickets too! :) pretty please.

Lol, my wife is already about to kill me.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

A little surprised Granderson isn't getting a start today, but despite Braun's rough day yesterday, I'm sure he wants to be in the lineup, and he should be there.

I don't know man. The thing about Braun is it seems like he's going to turn the corner all the time but then he has a day like yesterday and the next day we find out he's got some kind of nagging injury again. I'd hate for him to keep quiet about back pain or something so he can get the start.

Granderson's OPS+ is basically exactly the same as Braun's the last 2 years but his OBP is better, and OPS undervalues OBP. Granderson has also been healthier and has more experience in RF, and he's an LHB. I know it's popular to act like Braun has vindicated himself and proven the doubters wrong because he's been hot for a week or whatever, but that's some serious sampling bias.

Is any national tv coverage

MLB.tv is free this weekend !

I know it's NFL Sunday, but I do think it's kind of nuts that there is no regular national coverage of either of the two big games today. I'm getting the Braves locally and that's it. MLB Network is just showing gameday or whatever it's called on the channel guide. I suspect they'll be doing a lot of split screens, though.

Is any national tv coverage

MLB.tv is free this weekend !

I know it's NFL Sunday, but I do think it's kind of nuts that there is no regular national coverage of either of the two big games today. I'm getting the Braves locally and that's it. MLB Network is just showing gameday or whatever it's called on the channel guide. I suspect they'll be doing a lot of split screens, though.

I agree. The NFL Cash Cow wins again.

You’d think somebody would pick up on this missing market - intentional or not. MLB should partner with somebody the final weekend of the year and nationally televise all the big games , would be awesome.

Im really regretting not getting to Milwaukee earlier to see this series in person. Now there is a good chance I might be on a plane while the most important game yet is being played Monday! Lets get the division TODAY!

A little surprised Granderson isn't getting a start today, but despite Braun's rough day yesterday, I'm sure he wants to be in the lineup, and he should be there.

I don't know man. The thing about Braun is it seems like he's going to turn the corner all the time but then he has a day like yesterday and the next day we find out he's got some kind of nagging injury again. I'd hate for him to keep quiet about back pain or something so he can get the start.

Granderson's OPS+ is basically exactly the same as Braun's the last 2 years but his OBP is better, and OPS undervalues OBP. Granderson has also been healthier and has more experience in RF, and he's an LHB. I know it's popular to act like Braun has vindicated himself and proven the doubters wrong because he's been hot for a week or whatever, but that's some serious sampling bias.

Braun is OPS’ing mid 900’s this last month and has basically told his teammates, CC and the fans that it is go time. This is what Braun is here for. It’s moments like today that they wanted him around for. You don’t sit him today. It’s why he’s batting three too. It’s go time. Jump on board.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun is OPS’ing mid 900’s this last month and has basically told his teammates, CC and the fans that it is go time. This is what Braun is here for. It’s moments like today that they wanted him around for. You don’t sit him today. It’s why he’s batting three too. It’s go time. Jump on board.

I mean I hope I'm wrong. Just seems we've been told "he's back" so many times before.

Archived