Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-30: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-0 -- 7th Straight Win; Aguilar and Shaw hit HRs; Game 163 Tomorrow]

Eye Black
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if you start Chacin then he can't pitch Tuesday.....emptying the pen or not.

If you empty the pen then that mean you can't empty the pen Tuesday.

I don't think anything is simple about the pitching decisions coming up.

What do we need Tuesday for, winning tomorrow gives us the day off.

I would go with Anderson and then Peralta / Woodruff making it a pen day.

Depends on which way the wind is blowing when it comes to Anderson. Both Chacin and Anderson have pitched well at Wrigley this year. If the wind is blowing in, I think I go with Chase tomorrow.

Current Weather Channel is calling for wind from the ESE around 7 mph tomorrow afternoon, but then shifting to more SE and S in the early evening.

I believe that would be a wind mostly blowing right to left at Wrigley during game time, but that might depend on how fast the weather system is moving through. If the pace is accelerated, then it might be more a wind blowing out to left. If it stalls, then it might even be a definitive crosswind, if not slightly in from right.

But if you start Chacin then he can't pitch Tuesday.....emptying the pen or not.

If you empty the pen then that mean you can't empty the pen Tuesday.

I don't think anything is simple about the pitching decisions coming up.

What do we need Tuesday for, winning tomorrow gives us the day off.

Of course. But CC could make the right decision for tomorrow's starter and still find the team playing on Tuesday. That's why I'd use Chase tomorrow if the wind is blowing in. I'd hate to have to pick between Chase or Davies vs a very potent Rockies/Dodgers lineup at the launching pad otherwise known as Miller Park.

It’s on ESPN, so there is a cable option.

but what if my friend doesn't have cable at work?

Your friend might be able to watch it on espn .com or through the espn app.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

His September 5th start against us was nothing great. His August 14th start against us was downright bad. His June 11th start was 6 IP with 2 ER but he still walked 2 and gave up 5 hits. For this year at least his dominance of us was basically 2 starts in early April when we weren't hitting very well.

Schoop and Perez will be in the lineup. Can we pin something on the gamethread for a reminder that those guys start vs. lefties
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Schoop and Perez will be in the lineup. Can we pin something on the gamethread for a reminder that those guys start vs. lefties

I think Arcia always starts with Chacin because he induces so many ground balls. Schoop or Hernan at 2B? Hernan has been better this year. Shaw or Moustakas at 3B? Too close to call but I think they'll go with the guy that is (probably) a long-term Brewer. Hernan is better against LHP's than either of them to be honest. Probably a little better on defense too, and certainly a lot better on the basepaths.

We should start a game thread tonight. It's less than 18 hours away.

I’m not proud of this team until it makes it to the NLDS. I don’t watch all season for a 7 game winning streak just to lose two games in a row to end the season. I don’t watch to make the WC game.

Never am I going to be like, “Man I will never forget the time we won 7 games in a row to barely miss the division title and then lost the WC game.”

No one cares if they can’t win one of their next two games and really the great story is if they pull out the win tomorrowz

I’m not proud of this team until it makes it to the NLDS. I don’t watch all season for a 7 game winning streak just to lose two games in a row to end the season. I don’t watch to make the WC game.

Never am I going to be like, “Man I will never forget the time we won 7 games in a row to barely miss the division title and then lost the WC game.”

No one cares if they can’t win one of their next two games and really the great story is if they pull out the win tomorrowz

Life is short. Gotta live for the moment. I'm not the one who might be getting some expensive jewelry or a big bonus; it's the ride that matters, not the end result. I'm just trying to fill as many days as possible with as much fun as possible before I retire to the Field of Dreams. The Brewers have already delivered more fun than I could ever have reasonably asked for.

Under-the-radar issue: the Cubs saved a ton of LHP's in their pen because you just don't use a lot of LHP relievers against the Cardinals. They're not all good pitchers, but the Brewers have struggled against even the mediocre LHP's this year. Wilson, Duensing, Rosario, De La Rosa, and Garcia are all fully rested and ready to go. Quintana is starting. Thank goodness the Brewers can alternate LHB's and RHB's.

I just hope that CC doesn't try to get too cute with our line-up tomorrow. I'd play all the best bats and hope the D doesn't kill us. We will have to score runs tomorrow, maybe a lot of them.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It’s on ESPN, so there is a cable option.

but what if my friend doesn't have cable at work?

Your friend might be able to watch it on espn .com or through the espn app.

Just to add, they cannot watch it through mlb.tv either (which I unfortunately just discovered looking through the blackout restrictions).

Regular Season Play-In Game: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, any play-in game to determine the final team(s) to reach the MLB Postseason, i.e. a 163rd game, will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands).

[sarcasm]You aren't looking forward to 20 years from now when we endlessly celebrate that one time we won 7 games in a row to force a game 163?[/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Cardinals give the lead away in a wild pitch. Seems about right (they are terrible) :laughing

Yes, they folded like a lawn chair. We wanted them to win so we'd get the NLC but it is always fun to see the Cards fall on their faces. All the teams still trying to win their divisions blew out their opponents yesterday.

Archived