Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-30: Other MLB Games [2:00 PM CDT]

Eye Black

They have all day to complete a single game...they will be fine. If a hurricane came through Chicago today they could always start early tomorrow to finish it off. There is rain tomorrow too...but once again all day to complete it if need be.

I would not be cheering for rain though. The Cardinals clearly have the better starter today, don’t want him knocked out early because of a delay.

I thought Scherzer was going to go today if it had playoff implications for the Rockies...

Nationals manager said that since both the Rockies and Dodgers are in the playoffs, he's sitting Scherzer. Guess there are multiple definitions of "playoff implications."

Looks like the Cardinals will have all of their regulars in the line-up other than Ozuna.

1. Matt Carpenter (L) 1B

2. Jose Martinez ® RF

3. Paul DeJong ® SS

4. Tyler O'Neill ® LF

5. Patrick Wisdom ® 3B

6. Harrison Bader ® CF

7. Yairo Munoz ® 2B

8. Francisco Pena ® C

9. Jack Flaherty ® P

Ozuna can't throw, Yadi is wasted and Wong can't run, so this is actually a decent lineup. Of the 4 team games that matter I think this one is the most winnable. I really hope we win and LA has to fly into Chicago.

Archived