Brewer Fanatic

Game thread: Buffalo vs. Green Bay, 9/30/18

LouisEly

Hey does anyone know where I can listen to the game for free from TN? It’s not on TV down here :(

Tunein.com but that is not free unless they have a free trial going on. Otherwise you will have to do a google search for it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Packers have to lead the league in timeouts taken in the 1st and 3rd quarters.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I want to know how many times they call a timeout to avoid a delay of game, on third and long, and then come out of the timeout to run the ball.

Why even bother with a timeout?

I want to know how many times they call a timeout to avoid a delay of game, on third and long, and then come out of the timeout to run the ball.

Why even bother with a timeout?

It'd be interesting to know what a timeout is "worth". So is a timeout more valuable than a five yard penalty? Probably depends on down, distance, and yard line (e.g. takes you out of FG range or something) but it seems Rodgers calls them regardless of when and where the ball is.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

One goofy penalty and one lucky turnover....otherwise Packers are probably up another 7 points.

I’m not reading too much into this.

I could nitpick, but they took care of business at home against an inferior team. You don’t apologize for wins. It was certainly an improvement on last week. Plus, I was happy to see Rodgers gaining some mobility today.

Very close to 2 more ties today. Tennessee scores a td with a few seconds left on third down after passing up a fg opportunity earlier in the drive and indy goes for it on 4th down on their own 42 with 27 seconds left basically handing the gane to Houston.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Not sure where to put this, but did anyone see the end of the Colts / Texans game? I understand the play to win mentality, but the Colts went for it on 4th and 4 around their own 40 with 30 seconds left in OT. Had they punted, they would have likely settled for a tie. Instead, they gave the Texans a short field. Houston won on a last second FG.

Not sure where to put this, but did anyone see the end of the Colts / Texans game? I understand the play to win mentality, but the Colts went for it on 4th and 4 around their own 40 with 30 seconds left in OT. Had they punted, they would have likely settled for a tie. Instead, they gave the Texans a short field. Houston won on a last second FG.

you-play-to-win-the-game-2.png?ssl=1

Archived