Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]

Eye Black
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way you start Chacin on 3 days rest. Why mess with him at all? You are going to play an extremely important game against a good team either Monday or Tuesday, no matter what. Save him for that. If you had to win tomorrow just to earn another game, then maybe you start him tomorrow, but that's not the case.

The Cubs already won tomorrow?

What? The Brewers will have another game after tomorrow. I don't see why you would use Chacin on 3 days rest (has he ever done that?) when there's such a high probability you'll wish you had saved him for the Cubs or the wild card game anyway.

No way you start Chacin on 3 days rest. Why mess with him at all? You are going to play an extremely important game against a good team either Monday or Tuesday, no matter what. Save him for that. If you had to win tomorrow just to earn another game, then maybe you start him tomorrow, but that's not the case.

What? The Brewers will have another game after tomorrow. I don't see why you would use Chacin on 3 days rest (has he ever done that?) when there's such a high probability you'll wish you had saved him for the Cubs or the wild card game anyway.

I wouldn’t use Chacin either, but if we win tomorrow and the Cubs lose we won’t play till Thursday.

If the Cubs lose and Brewers win the Brewers don't play until Thursday.

I would start Anderson tomorrow, but I'm not the manager.

Me too. And I would have Peralta ready.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We are through game 161, and the Milwaukee Brewers are in 1st place! After all the times that they were "done" this season, or the Cubs had the division "sewn up", this is pretty dang cool!

Is Jack Flaherty still throwing for the Cardinals tomorrow? I sure hope so. That guy is a stud. If the Cards can scratch out 2-3 runs, they'll stand a good chance. I would think they should be able to do that against Montgomery if they haven't already decided to quit for the year.

The Cardinals better be playing to win. I think it is lame when teams give up when still playing competing teams. Scherzer was suppose to pitch tomorrow if it had postseason implications...that’s what I love. A guy that wants to compete.

I want us or the Cubs I earn the division. Not have some team rollover against one of us.

I don’t want to be a buzzkill here but.. I’m afraid that the Brewers got hot TOO early.

They got hot in September. That's pretty late.

Additionally, if they didn't get hot when they did, they might not have made the playoffs.

Also additionally, there's no such thing.

The Cardinals better be playing to win. I think it is lame when teams give up when still playing competing teams. Scherzer was suppose to pitch tomorrow if it had postseason implications...that’s what I love. A guy that wants to compete .

As someone mentioned in the other thread, I could actually see them playing better because the pressure is off. They're going to want to beat the Cubs no matter what.

Archived