Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]

Eye Black
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy who's 2-for-4 with a run and a big RBI tonight?

I would rather have Villar but there must have been some kind of clubhouse issue with him, I don't know.

I really dont understand the Schoop hate..he has come up with some very big hits lately, and its obvious how he was pressing right after the trade. I think he will have a very nice season for us next year if he gets to play every day.

That's what I'm hoping for. That and a tweak of the starting rotation. But for now Shaw should see the field more than him.

I gotta say, my only real hope for the starting rotation next season is to see Burnes and Woodruff in it. Even though it is sort of salivating to think of what our bullpen could be if those 2 are both in our BP. I think I just contradicted myself, but I dont care.

That's what I'm hoping for. That and a tweak of the starting rotation. But for now Shaw should see the field more than him.

I'm hoping for a jolt to the rotation...more than a tweak. I'm all in on Corbin. A TOR lefty. This is our window to be able to pay for one so long as the market doesn't get crazy. 5/125 maybe. We can swing that. But there's still too much this year for me to care all that much about next season.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Wow. Granderson has been every bit as good as Braun, if not a little better, and much healthier/more reliable for 2 full years now. But a few recent clutch dingers changes all that I guess.

Last year, Braun’s OPS was .823, vs Grandy’s .775. Considerable gap, plus I’d imagine Braun is the better defender at this poin in their respective careers.

Eh, not really. Granderson's OPS+ is basically exactly the same as Braun's over the last 2 years, but he's been healthier. I don't think Braun's defense is better either. His arm is not accurate and he doesn't get good breaks on the ball, despite being faster than Granderson at this point. Braun's dWAR stats are probably curated quite a bit by the Brewers' great schemes and gold glove defense in CF. He's also not nearly as good in RF, which is where the Brewers need someone. Playing the other side of the outfield makes a difference because the ball tails differently and a lot of parks are not symmetric, so experience there helps. Yelich is not good in RF either.

Granderson has been every bit the player Braun has been for their careers and is every bit the player he is now, but you basically know what you're getting. Braun's 5 recent HR's be damned (that's FIVE, not EIGHT by the way) - you never know when he'll need two days off at the worst possible time.

They'll both be in of course, but it's not at all a hot take to prefer Granderson.

So who pitches tomorrow?? Can only be Chase or Gio, right??

Chacin?

He's targeted to start the WC game as of now...not sure if this will change things for them or not. It will be interesting to see who gets the call.

I'd go with Chacin in one of them and then go with a BP game in the other. Start whoever, lean on Burnes for 3-4 innings and then piece it together after that....

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

So who pitches tomorrow?? Can only be Chase or Gio, right??

Chacin?

He's targeted to start the WC game as of now...not sure if this will change things for them or not. It will be interesting to see who gets the call.

They would probably be more aggressive if they could win the division with a win. However they play a little ahead of the Cubs tomorrow. So we don’t know what our win will equate to for the most part.

No way you start Chacin on 3 days rest. Why mess with him at all? You are going to play an extremely important game against a good team either Monday or Tuesday, no matter what. Save him for that. If you had to win tomorrow just to earn another game, then maybe you start him tomorrow, but that's not the case.

No way you start Chacin on 3 days rest. Why mess with him at all? You are going to play an extremely important game against a good team either Monday or Tuesday, no matter what. Save him for that. If you had to win tomorrow just to earn another game, then maybe you start him tomorrow, but that's not the case.

The Cubs already won tomorrow?

Archived