Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]

Eye Black
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoever was in charge of scouting Schoop should get the boot...fish unreal. We could have gotten better help for our players than this.

The guy who's 2-for-4 with a run and a big RBI tonight?

I would rather have Villar but there must have been some kind of clubhouse issue with him, I don't know.

Whoever was in charge of scouting Schoop should get the boot...fish unreal. We could have gotten better help for our players than this.

I would rather have Villar but there must have been some kind of clubhouse issue with him, I don't know.

That doesn’t make up for the sub .200 BA and OPS near .500 this month. We would lead the division if he did something more than once a week.

But likewise all he needs is hits in the right spot when everyone thinks it matters more and no one will care.

I really dont understand the Schoop hate..he has come up with some very big hits lately, and its obvious how he was pressing right after the trade. I think he will have a very nice season for us next year if he gets to play every day.

I've never seen any one player take over a stretch run like this.

Carlos Beltran from the 'Stros in...like '06 or whenever comes to mind. And then of course a few Ortiz playoff performances. Definitely in rarefied air however....

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Wow. Granderson has been every bit as good as Braun, if not a little better, and much healthier/more reliable for 2 full years now. But a few recent clutch dingers changes all that I guess.

Last year, Braun’s OPS was .823, vs Grandy’s .775. Considerable gap, plus I’d imagine Braun is the better defender at this poin in their respective careers.

I really dont understand the Schoop hate..he has come up with some very big hits lately, and its obvious how he was pressing right after the trade. I think he will have a very nice season for us next year if he gets to play every day.

That's what I'm hoping for. That and a tweak of the starting rotation. But for now Shaw should see the field more than him.

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of having Schoop play a full year at 2nd next season...but even with the few big hits and his 2-4 night, he has not looked good for us this year.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

He has been worse in September vs. August...but sure, we could go with that.

But for now Shaw should see the field more than him.

Well this I definitely agree with. Mystified why our third best player is ever sitting. He's bad against LHP but better career numbers than Moustakas or Schoop (who are also bad against LHP)

Archived