Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]

Eye Black
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This must be what it was like watching Babe Ruth in his prime. Yelich is absolutely insane right now. Wow.

Per my spreadsheet through Yelich's three at bats tonight, here are his second half stats:

63 games

250 at bats

56 runs scored

91 hits

18 doubles

5 triples

25 home runs

66 RBI

9 for 11 in stolen bases (81.8%)

33 walks

49 strikeouts

194 total bases

.364 AVG

.438 OBP

.776 SLG

1.214 OPS

These are video game numbers.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Granderson being Granderson. Another game, another walk.

I'm guessing that is why he will be on the playoff 25-man roster.

Easily ahead of Santana and Thames. I'd take him ahead of Braun as well.

http://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/2016/02/Stephen-A-Smith-facepalm.jpg

For the love of Pete, Schoop.

Just no plate discipline. His at-bats are painful to watch. He's got great power, but looking at his at-bats, I don't see how he ever got hot enough to be a Player of the Week, let alone put up the numbers he did last season.

He's still 2 for 4 with a really big hit tonight. Yes, that was an ugly AB but one of numerous tonight for the lineup.

Archived