Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]

Eye Black
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to get too down on Kratz for that throw. He clearly lost his balance as he released it. Like the Cardinal player falling down rounding third, crap happens sometimes. He made some really nice throws earlier in the game and has done a great job blocking balls.

Barnes and Williams have been so disappointing. Both have the stuff to be shutdown guys and neither seems to have figured it out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun has a good arm.

What I've noticed from Braun and Yelich is that they aren't prepared to throw when they catch the ball. They catch with one hand, so it takes time to bring their throwing hand to the glove. Then their windups are long.

I highly doubt anyone is going to coach them how to be quicker, but someone should. I can't speak to Cain - can't remember what his mechanics look like.

Haha Cain is maybe the worst CFer when it comes to throwing home. I am pretty sure half the time he takes an extra step...it is always messy.

Archived