Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]

Eye Black

HG8rk0J.jpg

HG8rEiv.jpg

[pre]Tigers Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. JaCoby Jones ® CF 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Nicholas Castellanos ® RF 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. Niko Goodrum (S) 1B 4. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

5. Mikie Mahtook ® LF 5. Hernán Pérez ® SS

6. Grayson Greiner ® C 6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

7. Dawel Lugo ® 2B 7. Jonathan Schoop ® 2B

8. Pete Kozma ® SS 8. Erik Kratz ® C

9. Daniel Norris (L) P 9. Wade Miley (L) P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think Schoop needs to be an everyday player before we really see any consistency from him, but with the roster as it is it won’t happen this year.

He also needs to learn to not swing at balls and that it’s ok (a good thing even) to walk

He also needs to learn to not swing at balls and that it’s ok (a good thing even) to walk

Full disclosure here...I am not a Major League Baseball player.

But man, I cannot for the life of me understand how players like Schoop don’t understand that swinging at everything is bad. Like you never see them take a couple games to not swing at the first pitch and see how that goes. Especially in today’s stat driven world, they have to be told constantly that their OBP is a problem, right? Have stats that show how often they swing at balls out of the zone? Nope, I’m going down swinging next time too!

I am not Shea Vucinich

Would be quite the gut punch to lose this one. That said, I'm hoping we don't get a lot of that inferiority complex Brewer fan stuff. The fact is that the better you are, the more chances you give yourself for a punch in the gut, just like the best OBP teams inevitably hit into the most double plays. It goes with the territory. It's been a beautiful season regardless of what happens over the next week.

So, in all actuality, if we do just happen to lose tonight, but win tomorrow and the Cubs lose, we still tie...

We just need to take care of business and see where the cards fall. (no pun intended)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm going to the game tomorrow. I bought tickets a few days ago because I had a feeling something special is going to happen. So much so that I'm bypassing watching the Packers. That takes alot to do.

I hope you are correct (Division title).

I bought WC tickets the other day ( I hope I was wrong).

Must win yet?

You are silly, the only situation that would be considered a must win would be the wildcard game.

Even then, someone is going to say it isn't a must win because (insert justification here)....

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived