Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Other MLB Games

Eye Black
Dang was really hoping the Cardinals would really have motivation tomorrow...hope their manager treats it like he actually wants to win.

I mean it's not like the Tigers are playing for anything either. Still got to win games against pro teams. I would think that possibly keeping their most hated rival from a division title, plus going out on a high note, still means something to them.

Would a Dodger loss be nice, of course. But it's small potatoes next to the Cub loss and still leaves open a possible Rockies/Cubs division tie which would benefit us if we end up playing a Wild Card game.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m not saying the Cubs will win on forfeit. But there is no denying the Cardinals would probably be a lot more competitive if they had something to play for. Big key...Cubs still have to execute. Their pitching will be the key.

For what it's worth, Cardinals will have no pressure on them. No reason to press, no reason to be tight. For the Cubs, the opposite.

No idea what that's worth, but I'm sure it's different for every player. Definitely plausible that some Cardinals have been pressing the past few days.

It's not the same as a typical spoiler situation though. The Cardinals have been pulling out all the stops to stay in the playoff chase. Some of their best relievers could probably use some rest. They won't force the issue with anyone. There's a natural letdown after being eliminated. I think I would rather be playing them than the Tigers tomorrow. If the Cardinals had been eliminated a week ago, I obviously wouldn't be saying that.

Still something to be said the Dodgers and Rockies possibly playing on Monday. Even if the Cards can't give the Cubs a run for their money, at least both division winners could be equally disadvantaged by playing Monday.

I’m not saying the Cubs will win on forfeit. But there is no denying the Cardinals would probably be a lot more competitive if they had something to play for. Big key...Cubs still have to execute. Their pitching will be the key.

For what it's worth, Cardinals will have no pressure on them. No reason to press, no reason to be tight. For the Cubs, the opposite.

No idea what that's worth, but I'm sure it's different for every player. Definitely plausible that some Cardinals have been pressing the past few days.

Jedd will get 4 hits

Archived