Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Other MLB Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Destiny controlled by us! Good thing Baez didn't HR there it probably would hae caused some stupid voters to move him ahead of Yelich.

I'm confused here. Don't the cubs control their destiny and Brewers still need them to lose one more.

Destiny controlled by us! Good thing Baez didn't HR there it probably would hae caused some stupid voters to move him ahead of Yelich.

I'm confused here. Don't the cubs control their destiny and Brewers still need them to lose one more.

No, if the Brewers win today they are tied. If the Cubs win tomorrow and the Brewers win tomorrow there will be a game 163 for the tiebreaker in Chicago. Baseball is weird like this where every other sport just goes by the head to head record to determine who wins the division.

Both teams control their own destiny. If the Brewers win their next 3 games they are division champs. Regardless of Cubs/Cards outcome tomorrow.

Time to become massive Dodger fans for a day so the Cardinals are still fighting tomorrow. Wouldnbe highly not beneficial if they play the Cubs with no motivation.

Wouldn’t be the Cardinal Way to just roll over for your division rival in a meaningless game, would it?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Flaherty going tomorrow is huge too. He can shut down just about anybody.

If I was a betting man, we won tonight, and the Cardinals have something to play for tomorrow...I’d bet on us semi confidently. Hopefully we can win along with the Giants. What a crazy day it would be tomorrow.

Archived