Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-29: Other MLB Games

Eye Black

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel like we should want the Dodgers to be playing for something on Sunday, as the most likely scenario for us is to be in the WC game and it could be against them. Thus, we would either want the Cards to win and Dodgers to lose (yes, please) or the Dodgers to win and Rockies to lose.

I feel like we should want the Dodgers to be playing for something on Sunday, as the most likely scenario for us is to be in the WC game and it could be against them. Thus, we would either want the Cards to win and Dodgers to lose (yes, please) or the Dodgers to win and Rockies to lose.

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but the Rockies having home field advantage over the Crew in a series is one of the only scenarios that makes me nervous. I expect the Rockies to not be quite this white hot in the playoffs, but they’ll still be one of if not the hottest team in baseball if the Crew gets to them in an NLCS scenario, and they are a different beast entirely at home as opposed to on the road. All of which is to say, I hope the Cardinals win, Dodgers lose, and Rockies lose. Then hope for another Cards win tomorrow, coupled with a Dodgers win and Rockies loss. Chaos is good for us right now.

I think the Cardinals are cooked. Part of me almost feels as though they'll actually play better tomorrow if they have nothing to play for (and no pressure), as crazy as that might sound. At this point I'm hoping the Dodgers and Rockies finish the season tied so that there will be a game 163 between those two teams. This way, the Brewers will not be at a disadvantage if they lose a game 163 to CHC, or they will be at an advantage if the Cubs win the division without a game 163 needed to be played.

I'm still holding out hope for the division though, where none of these scenarios would matter to the Brewers!

Mikolas against a fading Hamels is a good match up for the Cards today, methinks.

Win & the probables for Sunday are Flaherty/Montgomery. Another favorable match up for the Cards, assuming it holds.

Hoping St. Louis can channel the spirit of Al Davis these next couple days. Just Win, Baby!

I think the Cardinals are cooked. Part of me almost feels as though they'll actually play better tomorrow if they have nothing to play for (and no pressure)

Agreed. Yesterday’s game against the Cubs made it look like the Brewers broke them.

I’d rather see a lineup of their AAA guys out there with something to prove, because right now Carpenter, Martinez, Yadi, Wong and Gyorko (my god Gyorko...) all look defeated.

I am not Shea Vucinich

It’s funny how Cubs fans were whining last night about how lucky the Brewers have been this week, but I am sure the Cardinals booting the ball all over the field the past two days has been due to strategically placed hits by the Cubs hitters.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived