Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-28: Other MLB Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our inability to secure a sweep vs. the Cubs earlier this month may have ultimately decided the division.

No, it was the 5 game pirates sweep and fluky 4 game sweep at wrigley in late April that makes it tough...I say fluky because weather conditions played just as big of a role as cub pitching in shutting the offense down. Look for times when the team you root for gets swept as primary reasons for big gaps in the standings...those are two of the very few times the brewers were swept in 2018

[sarcasm][/sarcasm]I will add this: The 2 games I was able to enjoy at Miller Park in July were what clinched the home field in the Wild Card Game for the Crew. We beat the Braves for a rare Sunday afternoon victory (just before our pre AS swoon) and we beat Kershaw on a Saturday night after the AS break. FTR, I just purchased WC game tickets for Tuesday night.

I really hope anyone who complains about BA/Rock is listening to this Cardinals broadcast...my god

Cubs broadcasters are also bad. Super homers - at least Rock and BA acknowledge when we get a break with the strike zone.

I absolutely cannot stand Ron Coomer, Mike Shannon & John Rooney. They are the biggest homers in the world and show a total inability to put their rooting interests aside and being blatantly biased. Case in point...I am watching the game and listening to the Cubs radio broadcast. In the 7th inning where Gyorko's error allowed the Cubs runners to move up. Bryant was a step and a half away from the base when Gyorko threw the ball and Coomer was saying this call is very close and that he might get awarded home. DUDE WAS A STEP AND A HALF AWAY. That's not remotely close. I don't mind rooting but blatantly misleading is the definition of poor announcing.

Our inability to secure a sweep vs. the Cubs earlier this month may have ultimately decided the division.

Our inability to get one more win at any point in the season may have ultimately decided this division. That's how seasons and wins/losses work.

The gane that sticks in my craw is the Cubs 8-run comeback against ATL is weird weather.

Well, it is official. Crew needs a W tonight to still have a shot at winning outright.

Cubs have probably their two worst starters scheduled for tomorrow and Sunday, so at least there's that.

Playing LA and facing Hill (with Kershaw maybe coming out of the pen) is looking like the likeliest scenario right now. But things can change fast. Go get 'em tonight!

Our inability to get one more win at any point in the season may have ultimately decided this division. That's how seasons and wins/losses work.

The gane that sticks in my craw is the Cubs 8-run comeback against ATL is weird weather.

How about the bote grand slam game against the Dodgers.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Bote hit a grand slam against the Nationals.

Sweating one game is ridiculous. How about when the Cubs had a 1 run lead in the 14th inning against St. Louis and instead of using Pedro Strop, Maddon went to Luke Farrell. Dexter Fowler proceeded to walk him off. It's funny because now Farrell has been released, but Joe has to be quirky.

Whatever team wins out will win the division.

Win or lose they have to pitch Kershaw tomorrow. If they win they are still only a game back of the Rockies. Lose and they are still only a game up on the cards and even if they lose to the cubs again gotta try to win to clinch tomorrow.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived