Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-28: Other MLB Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the cubs today also are showing that they are a good offensive team... bryant, rizzo, murphy now... yea - baez has just been the lucky one to get the stats this year. proof he is not the "most valuable"

The Cubs have scored more runs than us this year. Anyone arguing Baez deserves MVP over Yelich because of more talent around him offensively is just grasping at straws.

Maybe gameday is wrong, but how do cards hitters not absolutely destroy 87 mph middle middle? If they can't hit that...what exactly can they hit?

Live broadcast espn has with the camera angle has hendricks pitches moving like crazy today. He is getting a ton of sink and tail on his sinker/two seamer.

I don't see alot of cookie pitches thus far from hendricks, and weather conditions might actually play into hard hit balls in the air today.

the cubs today also are showing that they are a good offensive team... bryant, rizzo, murphy now... yea - baez has just been the lucky one to get the stats this year. proof he is not the "most valuable"

The Cubs have scored more runs than us this year. Anyone arguing Baez deserves MVP over Yelich because of more talent around him offensively is just grasping at straws.

cub "fans" tend to grasp at straws, even when proven incorrect.

i almost wish they hadn't won it all because there would be less of "them"

Dumbest argument I’ve heard yet about Baez. He argued Yelich numbers mean less because he’s got more around him in the lineup. Said hitting between Cain and Aguilera make it easier for Yelich to put up numbers.

For one it’s AGUILAR, and for two take a glance at the Cubs lineup around Baez. Pretty good thump there too. Sure not realistic looking at team offensive stats.

I heard that too. The other announcer commented on how the Cubs have significantly more run scored than the Brewers. Which virtually disqualifies the argument. Also factor in Yelich has played 13 less games due to injury and has comparable or better counting stats.

Cubs have scored 13 more runs than the Brewers in 159 games. That's about one extra run every twelve games or so.

This doesn't make sense and is nonsense, but I've always preferred a double to a solo shot when you're down. It seems like it's more likely to get a rally that way than if you just get a run and the bases stay clear.

It's nonsense, like I said. Just a weird preference of mine.

I see what you're saying, but you're right, it's nonsense. :)

The Braves announcers were talking about that once - one of them said that homers were a "rally killer," which makes zero sense.

EDIT: And we just saw why it's nonsense.

Archived