Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-28: Other MLB Games

Eye Black
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be that surprising to see the Cards lay an egg for the next three games.

I expect it, because it's the Cardinals. If there is a way to screw us, they will find it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Question regarding wildcard...I noticed Kershaw is the probable starter tomorrow. Would he really start a potential wildcard game on 2 days rest?

No, very unlikely. Possible relief option I am guessing if they were really motivated. No way they start him on two days rest and no way they skip him tomorrow.

Question regarding wildcard...I noticed Kershaw is the probable starter tomorrow. Would he really start a potential wildcard game on 2 days rest?

No, very unlikely. Possible relief option I am guessing if they were really motivated. No way they start him on two days rest and no way they skip him tomorrow.

That's my thought too. This isn't game 7 of the WS, they'll need him quickly after the WC if they win. But, I do think they would consider not having him start saturday if they lose today and the rockies win. That's what I would do if I was them. So I guess I'm pulling for the Dodgers to win and Rockies to lose to avoid that decision.

Teams need to watch tape on Granderson's AB's against Hendricks. Dude was like "oh, all you do is throw fastballs outer edge of the zone...I'll just pound one oppo to LC". He did that twice in 2 AB against him.

Easy to say from the couch, but I would think if these guys know exactly what hendricks is going to throw they could hit it with ease. It's basically fastball changeup on or off the outer edge with the occasional change of pace pitch inside or curveball. I don't know why guys don't look for the outer edge FB and pound oppo like Granderson did.

Same weak ass lucky crap as yesterday for the Cubs. Other teams get something going and can't cash in.

In fairness, the Cards basically had a constant rally against us for 3 games and never cashed in

We literally clinched by a guy faceplanting going around 3rd after Shaw threw one 100 feet wide.

On the plus side, I can probably free up my night if the Cubs win. I don't really feel the incentive to watch with the home WC locked up unless we can catch them.

blasphemy!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Who is this announcer? Just referred to Aguilar as Aguilera in promoting Baez as MVP...

Whoever he is, he can stop wasting his breath. Baez isn't winning MVP.

What I find hilarious from the Baez supporters is that the statistical gap between Yelich and Baez is getting wider, you hear them throwing a lot more harder to quantify things, like, "He's such a good baserunner" or "he's so versatile."

K. You realize that Yelich is an elite baserunner in his own right who steals just as much as Baez and is thrown out much less, and plays all 3 OF positions with regularity, right?

Same weak ass lucky crap as yesterday for the Cubs. Other teams get something going and can't cash in.

In fairness, the Cards basically had a constant rally against us for 3 games and never cashed in

We literally clinched by a guy faceplanting going around 3rd after Shaw threw one 100 feet wide.

I thought that it was Moose. I didn't say we haven't been lucky lately too.

Dumbest argument I’ve heard yet about Baez. He argued Yelich numbers mean less because he’s got more around him in the lineup. Said hitting between Cain and Aguilera make it easier for Yelich to put up numbers.

For one it’s AGUILAR, and for two take a glance at the Cubs lineup around Baez. Pretty good thump there too. Sure not realistic looking at team offensive stats.

Dumbest argument I’ve heard yet about Baez. He argued Yelich numbers mean less because he’s got more around him in the lineup. Said hitting between Cain and Aguilera make it easier for Yelich to put up numbers.

For one it’s AGUILAR, and for two take a glance at the Cubs lineup around Baez. Pretty good thump there too. Sure not realistic looking at team offensive stats.

I heard that too. The other announcer commented on how the Cubs have significantly more run scored than the Brewers. Which virtually disqualifies the argument. Also factor in Yelich has played 13 less games due to injury and has comparable or better counting stats.

Archived