Brewer Fanatic

2018 Postseason Predictions Thread!

MrTPlush

We embarrass ourselves every other time of the year, why not now? We will just go ahead and roll these out with the assumption we play in the WC game...or you can assume we don't, whatever you would like to do.

2018 Brewers POST Season Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 6-6 1-0 WC 3-2 NLDS 2-4 NLCS

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: NLCS

Offensive MVP: Lorenzo Cain

Pitching MVP: Josh Hader

Most Surprising Player: Corbin Burnes

Most Disappointing Player: Jhoulys Chacin

Our bullpen will serve us well in the postseason, but our dependence on them will wear thin after awhile leading to blown games after the starters can't go deep. Due to that dependence a guy like Corbin Burnes will have to step up to even get us to the NLCS. Unfortunately Jhoulys Chacin will struggle multiple times with short outings to finally do us in come NLCS time (this years Shaun Marcum)

Win-Loss Record: 11-7 3-1 NLDS 4-3 NLCS 4-3 WS

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: Champs, baby

Offensive MVP: Christian Yelich

Pitching MVP: Jeremy Jeffress

Most Surprising Player: Jonathan Schoop

Most Disappointing Player: Jesus Aguilar

We win the division. The bullpen finishes the job and offense comes up with opportune hits to gut it out.

We've suffered long enough and it's our turn.

Win-Loss Record: 11-7 3-2 NLDS 4-2 NLCS 4-3 WS

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: WS Champs

Offensive MVP: Ryan Braun

Most Surprising Player: Orlando Arcia

Most Disappointing Player: Corey Knebel

Arcia has at least 1 game winning hit in him. Go big or go home baby, WS champs! This is probably more of an optimistic hope than what I actually think, probably more likely we lose in the WS if we get there to one of those AL powerhouses. But I reserve the right to predict however I want.

WC: 1-0 over Rockies

NLDS: 3-0 over Cubs (but all three games are close)

NLCS: 4-2 over Braves (down 0-2 but rally back)

WS: 1-4 falling to Red Sox (beat Sale in game 1 but then lose 4 straight)

Offensive MVP: Jonathan Schoop

Most Surprising Player: Jonathan Schoop

Most Disappointing Player: Ryan Braun

If I’m going to do this, I am going to make it a magical run! So assuming the standings stay as they are currently...

WC: Brewers beat Dodgers in close back-and-forth heart pounding game.

NLDS: Brewers beat Cubs in five games (3-2), game five is an offensive display from the Brewers at Wrigley.

NLCS: Brewers beat Rockies in six games (4-2), Brewers get down 0-2 in series and come storming back.

WS: Brewers beat Indians in seven games (4-3), an epic Game 7 is played at Miller Park with the Brewers winning their first World Championship.

Offensive MVP(s): Lorenzo Cain and Christian Yelich

Pitching MVP: Josh Hader

Most Surprising Player: Corbin Burnes (breaks onto the national scene) and Jonathan Schoop (has a couple of game altering hits)

Most Disappointing Player: Gio Gonzalez (has some rough starts)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I've never gotten even close on any of the prediction threads. So I'm going to go big and predict the Brewers sweep the playoffs in epic fashion.

Wild Card: Brewers beat Rockies 2-1 in 15 innings. Manny Pina hits a 0-2 pitch over the RF wall for a walk-off HR.

NLDS: Brewers sweep Cubs 4 - 0. Josh Hader is MVP having pitched 8 innings while striking out 21 batters.

NLCS: Brewers sweep Braves 4 - 0. Christian Yelich is the MVP after going 12 - 20 with 3 Triples and 4 HRs.

WS: Brewers sweep the A's 4 - 0. Ryan Braun is MP after going 9 - 22 with 6 HRs. Gio Gonzalez, Corbin Burnes, Josh Hader, Corey Knebel and Jeremy Jeffress combined for a no-hitter in Game 2.

Mark Attanasio then sells the team, going out on the highest of high notes, to former Brewer's Robin Yount and Prince Fielder.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Wild Card Game: Brewers lose to Dodgers in a close battle.

Also my prediction.

Unfortunately, I'm on board with this one as well.

Cubs win the division because Shildt will be a deer in headlights. Cubs will do just enough, or the Brewers will stub their toe just enough to allow the Cubs to have the title.

That said, I am on the Cardinals bandwagon now. C'mon Carpenter!

[sarcasm]Mods... please feel free to delete this post after the playoffs so I won't be on record for being a Cardinals fan... :laughing[/sarcasm]

Also my prediction.

Unfortunately, I'm on board with this one as well.

Cubs win the division because Shildt will be a deer in headlights. Cubs will do just enough, or the Brewers will stub their toe just enough to allow the Cubs to have the title.

That said, I am on the Cardinals bandwagon now. C'mon Carpenter!

[sarcasm]Mods... please feel free to delete this post after the playoffs so I won't be on record for being a Cardinals fan... :laughing[/sarcasm]

We are ALL Cardinals fans this weekend...

:laughing

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Also my prediction.

Same here.

I still like their chances. I’m just not a fan of the two Wild Card setup. The team with the second best record in the league shouldn’t have to compete in a play-in game.

I still like their chances. I’m just not a fan of the two Wild Card setup. The team with the second best record in the league shouldn’t have to compete in a play-in game.

Agreed. I believe this in all sports as well, not just baseball.

Every division winner should make the playoffs, but of the 3 division winners and 2 wild cards, the teams with the worst two records should be in the play-in game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

We are ALL Cardinals fans this weekend...

:laughing

je suis Cardinals

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Win-Loss Record: 8-8 3-2 NLDS 4-2 NLCS 1-4 WS

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: World Series

Offensive MVP: Travis Shaw

Most Surprising Player: Hernan Perez

Most Disappointing Player: Jesus Aguilar

I didn't want to make this prediction until the regular season was over, but I think if the Brewers win the division, they'll go to the World Series. If they are forced to play in a Wild Card game, they'll lose that game at home.

As for the playoffs:

ALWC - Yankees over Athletics ALDS - Yankees over Red Sox, Indians over Astros ALCS - Indians over Yankees

NLWC - Cubs over Rockies NLDS - Brewers over Cubs, Braves over Dodgers NLCS - Brewers over Braves

WS - Indians over Brewers in 5

Archived