Brewer Fanatic

Christian Yelich in The Players Tribune: Milwaukee ... LET’S GOOOOOOOOOO!

hawing

It’s like we’ve spent six months writing the opening chapters of a book. And those chapters are great — Brauny’s walk-off bomb against St. Louis during our very first home stand of the season, or a cycle or two by some new guy. Our story’s off to a cool start..

You knew me as Myday2001.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That was terrific! Yelich doesn't show a ton of emotion in interviews, so it was really cool that he got this sort of outlet to express himself. The guy seems to be having the time of his life right now, and every fan is benefitting because of that.

I started watching the Brewers pretty religiously around 1989. I idolized Yount, and thought Greg Vaughn and Gary Sheffield were going to lead this team to the promised land. I have a lot of great memories of cheering for this team, and a few not so great ones. But I can say, without a doubt, following this team, this year, has been my favorite time as a baseball fan. This season has been awesome. Whatever happens from here on out is just gravy.

Well, you heard the guy. Let's all do our part to support this team over the weekend. They've earned it.

50% off tickets for those in the 5 county area too.

I hope to see 40k+ all weekend.

Will be games 20, 21, and 22 on the season for me.

Man he is going to get some serious love from the fans this weekend after that article.........

Which is crazy to think about because it was going to be off the charts anyway coming home after the road trip he has had.

Just a fantastic article. Loved the part about being on the plane with Mark and Braun and stopping to pick up Robin and Ueck. Like being a kid in a candy store times a million.

Man he is going to get some serious love from the fans this weekend after that article.........

Which is crazy to think about because it was going to be off the charts anyway coming home after the road trip he has had.

Just a fantastic article. Loved the part about being on the plane with Mark and Braun and stopping to pick up Robin and Ueck. Like being a kid in a candy store times a million.

I think we forget sometimes that not only are these guys professional athletes, they're fans too. That had to be a pretty awesome experience for a guy who obviously had become pretty jaded by the business side of baseball in his last few months as a Marlin.

Things like this play very well nationally, too. A lot of major league players are going to read this article, and it's going to change some opinions of Milwaukee and playing for the Brewers. It makes me think back to last winter, which the Brewers were flirting with signing Yu Darvish. I think many here came to the conclusion that Darvish was simply using the Brewers as a pawn, and never wanted to come to Milwaukee. This type of story directly combats the stereotype that players don't want to come play here.

Now, signing Darvish would likely have been a disaster, so that ended up working out. But you know what I mean ...

Well, you heard the guy. Let's all do our part to support this team over the weekend. They've earned it.

38, 39 and 40 for the hawing household. I'm laughing at the notion that I'm somehow supposed to pay attention to the library between now and Friday afternoon.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

38, 39 and 40 for the hawing household. I'm laughing at the notion that I'm somehow supposed to pay attention to the library between now and Friday afternoon.

I got home last night after watching that game (and the Cubs game) with some friends. I read that Yelich article this morning.

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get any more work done today.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Its just allergies....

are you losing control?

:laughing - Can't lose what you never had!

Its awesome to see a player like this, and be a Brewer... Like many of you, I started going to games when I was 6 as I can recall , so that is 1989..... needless to say - this is really fun.

Meh....I'm still not sure we should've given up Isan Diaz in that deal.

Seriously though, this is pretty fun. Best season as a Brewer fan of my life and I started paying attention in 1977.

GO CREW!!!!

AA/AA 2018

G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

119 431 63 100 172 23 5 13 56 68 2 140 14 3 .232 .340 .399 .739

I have no problem with the trade. He's been pretty meh past high A.He would have only been a year or 2 stop gap to Huira anyways.

Seriously though, this is pretty fun. Best season as a Brewer fan of my life and I started paying attention in 1977.

GO CREW!!!!

AA/AA 2018

I have no problem with the trade. He's been pretty meh past high A.He would have only been a year or 2 stop gap to Huira anyways.

I was poking fun at some people who were worried about what we gave up. Should've been in blue I guess.

GO CREW!!!!

AA/AA 2018

Pretty obvious this is a case of "sarcasm without the blue."

Archived