Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-26: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Gant) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Postseason Spot Clinched! Let the Champagne Fly!]

Eye Black
Can we talk about how bad that third pitch was on the hit? You already threw him two high but in the zone fastballs, he's not a good hitter, he swings at 41% of pitches out of the zone and you give him another pitch, exactly where you pitched him before without even trying to get him to chase something off the plate.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we talk about how bad that third pitch was on the hit? You already threw him two high but in the zone fastballs, he's not a good hitter, he swings at 41% of pitches out of the zone and you give him another pitch, exactly where you pitched him before without even trying to get him to chase something off the plate.

Did the same to the hitter prior, terrible.

Hilarious that it's a huge win for the Cubs to just not get swept by the Pirates this late in the season :laughing

That win keeps them from going into history with one of the more epic collapses in recent history. I would be very surprised if the Cubs pull out tomorrow's game, and this weekend is going to be tough on them as well. Sure, they could get hot, but that team is looking pretty fried to me.

I predict by this time tomorrow, the Brewers will control their own destiny for the division (at least a game 163).

Harold Reynolds is such a fogey. He LOVES it when some modern-day strategy or technique doesn't work. He gloats when someone beats the shift.

I do love me some obvious statistical advantage due to modern tech/statcAST, but a larger part of me hopes that Harold Reynolds is still waving that traditional flag 35+years from now, holding onto traditional "positions" like SS or CF even while the numbers clearly say to move all 8 guys around into positions where the batter is more likely to hit into the defenders skillz...

Is the Defend MKE shirts a nod to showing up for the NLDS against presumably Chicago? Maybe the all-fan giveaway for that series?

No, it is the generic shirt for the celebrations in the locker room. Every team has a similar shirt.

For $32 it can be yours.

I can’t stand Ozuna... idk why. So glad we got Yelich instead of him..

I feel the same. I can't stand him and have nothing to base that on...Must be because he is a Cardinal.

He never bothered me when we watched him in a Marlin uniform (we get every Marlin and Ray game down here). It must be because he has those birds on his chest. ;)

It is so awesome doing this against the hated Cardinals.

That said ... I am now going to be the biggest Cardinal fan imaginable this weekend.

You aren't alone. Even if the Cards are out of it I'm sure they'd love nothing more than to assure the Cubs don't win the division.

The Cards are still only 1 game out of the 2nd wild card heading into Friday's games. Meaning at the very worst they will enter game 161 with something to fight for, more likely 162.

Yep, Dodgers losing to Arizona last night was big in that regard. Boy, wouldn't it be something if the Cubs and Dodgers had to play the Wild Card game at Wrigley? Or better yet, Cubs and Cardinals in Wrigley on Monday, which would basically be game 4 of the series.

The Cards are still only 1 game out of the 2nd wild card heading into Friday's games. Meaning at the very worst they will enter game 161 with something to fight for, more likely 162.

Yep, Dodgers losing to Arizona last night was big in that regard. Boy, wouldn't it be something if the Cubs and Dodgers had to play the Wild Card game at Wrigley? Or better yet, Cubs and Cardinals in Wrigley on Monday, which would basically be game 4 of the series.

While it would be satisfying for the Cardinals to miss the playoffs altogether, I think Cards vs Cubs in the WC game would be excellent theater.

After re watching some highlight I noticed a few things,

1) On the "play" at the plate, that only happened because Perez went to start backing up the throw right away. Definitely a gritty veteran move than many 2B do not bother to do, especially considering with a runner on first there was at least a chance for a throw to 2nd. Many 2B would have moved towards second and stopped when the ball wasn't coming their way. As soon as Perez knew Moose was going to first he started running over there. He should get a defensive run saved for his AAR, awareness above replacement.

2) The throw was bad and got right past Shaw, seems like we are just taking for granted that Shaw should replace Jesus late but should that be a given? Shaw has more range but I would expect my MLB 1B to at least knock down that kind of throw from Moose not let it get totally past you. I think Jesus would have been able to at least do that, and honestly handle the hop most of the time.

Archived