Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-26: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Gant) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Postseason Spot Clinched! Let the Champagne Fly!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had a cub fan friend of mine. Yes I know an oxymoron... post on FB that looks like Yelich walked 5 times today, there’s a real MVP (sarcastically) , followed it up with Baéz would have gotten 2 homers instead , walks are for wusses.

Baéz would have struck out 3 or 4 times on Yelich’s at bats chasing pitches that were close ... proof is in the pudding!

So your friend is a moron.

Baseball-wise at a minimum.

Technically the Brewers clinched a playoff spot before the Cubs did, correct?

I would say this is correct. If I were in change of baseball stats the first thing I would do is add a win to the Brewers at which point we clinched a spot. The second thing I would do is add a loss to the Cardinals which then would make the Cubs clinch.

Love that Gamecast for Pirates says, “Newman and Kramer scored.” Need Bania with the game winner.

Close enough: https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/constjo01.shtml

Also close, the all-time leader in the category of "Most forgotten by poetry"

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/steinha01.shtml

He was the 3rd baseman along with Tinker, Evers and Chance.

Had a cub fan friend of mine. Yes I know an oxymoron... post on FB that looks like Yelich walked 5 times today, there’s a real MVP (sarcastically) , followed it up with Baéz would have gotten 2 homers instead , walks are for wusses.

Baéz would have struck out 3 or 4 times on Yelich’s at bats chasing pitches that were close ... proof is in the pudding!

I’ve seen it all over my feed tonight , they are trolling Brewers fans. Even after I’m sure many of us tipped our caps when they won it all. They just seem to be genuinely sad people. And scared. I love being where we are right now. It’s exciting to be the hot team at the end for once.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That gif of Uecker celebrating in the locker room will live on long after he's gone.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I’ve seen it all over my feed tonight , they are trolling Brewers fans. Even after I’m sure many of us tipped our caps when they won it all. They just seem to be genuinely sad people. And scared. I love being where we are right now. It’s exciting to be the hot team at the end for once.

Yes to all. I'm fortunate enough to have exactly 3 Cub fan friends.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That gif of Uecker celebrating in the locker room will live on long after he's gone.

link please

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Harold Reynolds is such a fogey. He LOVES it when some modern-day strategy or technique doesn't work. He gloats when someone beats the shift.

So Ive heard. Thats why he doesnt like the Brewers, and still doesnt believe in them. Because they dont have 5 starters that give you 7 every night.

Archived