Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-26: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Gant) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Postseason Spot Clinched! Let the Champagne Fly!]

Eye Black
For the record I do not count qualifying for the Wild card game "making the postseason" The wild card is the play-in game to enter the playoffs

That's cool and all but you are just wrong. It is officially classified as a playoff game by the sport so it is a playoff game, additionally the stats count towards your playoff stats and not your regular season stats. The tiebreaker game to reach the wild card is not classified as a playoff game and the stats count towards the regular season.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! For all the scenarios we as brewer fans are coming up with about best playoff matchups/opponents, I'm guessing the rest of the nl playoff field is viewing the Crew as the team they want no part of to reach the world series

Such a sweet feeling to sweep a series in stl at this point of the season, clinching a playoff spot and dramatically damaging the cards' chances at the same time

Yes! For all the scenarios we as brewer fans are coming up with about best playoff matchups/opponents, I'm guessing the rest of the nl playoff field is viewing the Crew as the team they want no part of to reach the world series

Such a sweet feeling to do sweep a series in stl at this point of the season, clinching a playoff spot and dramatically damaging the cards' chances at the same time

Spot on.

Won 4 straight to clinch a post-season birth. Doing it on the road against a loathed division rival. All the pressure on Chicago tomorrow to keep their scant division lead with St Louis to play them this weekend scratching for their playoff lives. Keep winning this weekend and lets see where the chips fall.

For the record I do not count qualifying for the Wild card game "making the postseason" The wild card is the play-in game to enter the playoffs

That's cool and all but you are just wrong. It is officially classified as a playoff game by the sport so it is a playoff game, additionally the stats count towards your playoff stats and not your regular season stats. The tiebreaker game to reach the wild card is not classified as a playoff game and the stats count towards the regular season.

Just like the play-in games for the ncaa tournament "count". Just feels weird if we lose that game, a 1 game baseball postseason experience? I guess its worth something, but ah never mind you said I was wrong. I didn't know where the stats were counted, that was the basis of my argument, I thought they were added to your 2019 season totals. Thanks for correcting me

One of the mlb network guys calling us the HEAVY favorite if we survive the wild card game.

Our bullpen being his reasoning.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

One of the mlb network guys calling us the HEAVY favorite if we survive the wild card game.

Our bullpen being his reasoning.

This is what gets me nervous about the Wild Card. We could lay an egg in that one game and it's over, when potentially we could win it all otherwise.

Archived