Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-26: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Gant) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Postseason Spot Clinched! Let the Champagne Fly!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pinch runner worked out well.....just liked we planned it. Dribbler.....bad throw by Mouse....guy face plants around 3rd.....Kratz tries to tag somebody who isn't there.....and then the guy walks into an out.

Did I get that about right?

Nailed it. Especially the swipe tag of the air. Where I was like oh god please don’t lose the ball...

Enlighten those of us unable to watch please

Slow grounder to Moose, he has to hurry, throws it away. Runner from first is going the whole way, rounds third, heading home. He trips and still keeps going. Kratz does a blind swipe tag and he's not there. Kratz recovers, finds the runner, who had just gotten there and gave up for the out.

Oh god, I feel awful for that kid though :(

Hard for me to. The Cardinals have benefitted from crap like that for years.

Well I certainly don't feel bad for the Cardinals, just specifically that kid who is presumably only on the roster to run the bases and may have just cost his team the game or the season by publicly embarrassing himself.

Every clinch game has something memorable in recent history. The 2011 I believe had a huge Braun 3 run bomb and he caught a ball diving and fired to first for a DP.

Today...looks like someone falling on his face running home for the tying run in the 8th.

What a year.

Ozuna rounded third totally off balance and tried to windmill himself from falling but to no avail about half way down the line he face planted. Then decided to continue home and was tagged out rather clumsily by Kratz.

Ozuna is up second in the ninth. It was a pinch runner for carpenter named garcia.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived