Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-26: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Gant) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Postseason Spot Clinched! Let the Champagne Fly!]

Eye Black

HFFynV4.jpg

HFFz78Y.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Cardinals Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Matt Carpenter (L) 1B

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Jose Martinez ® RF

3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B 3. Paul DeJong ® SS

4. Travis Shaw (L) 2B 4. Marcell Ozuna ® LF

5. Ryan Braun ® LF 5. Jedd Gyorko ® 3B

6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 6. Yadier Molina ® C

7. Erik Kratz ® C 7. Kolten Wong (L) 2B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Harrison Bader ® CF

9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P 9. John Gant ® P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
go in for the kill, sweep the leg Jhoulys

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm torn. Winning tonight clinches our playoff birth but also the cubs.

In theory, the Cardinals winning tonight gives them move skin in the game this weekend against the Cubs. I think they will play the Cubs tough regardless, though.

With that in mind, stomp those birds! I'm sick of the Cardinals, and just want to see them gone.

Also, the Cubs are playing like crap, and if they don't clean it up, they won't make it past the Wild Card round. If they do, matching up with them doesn't scare me.

Get greedy. Get the sweep.

Here's a look at the Brewers bullpen usage over the past week:

https://www.fangraphs.com/teams/brewers/pitcher-usage

Probably not ideal to pull Chacin after 4 IP tonight like they've been doing with everyone, but I bet Hader would be available for 1. JJ maybe for 2 if needed.

At some point here they are going to need some length out of their starters. It would be bad to go into next week with a gassed pen. Hopefully Chacin can go six strong tonight.

The Cardinals will be playing for their playoff lives this weekend no matter what. If we win tonight or not. We have gotten ourselves to a point where we will have a shot at the division no matter what happens tonight. So why not win? lol. If it were that easy...

Chacin would really help if he dealt, and if we got another 5 runs or so tonight. Really seems like the Cardinals are running out of gas... their fans as well... You could hear a pin drop many times last night, and that is very un-STL like. Cubs look out of gas too. We sure do seem rested and firing on all cylinders. This sets us up for an amazing final 5 days of the season.

Strap in and hang on.... take your blood pressure meds, drink plenty of water, and do your breathing exercises, its going to be crazy.

Best case scenario is Brewers win, Cubs lose, Rockies lose, and Dodgers lose. I don't want the Cards falling any further back in the race for WC2. They still need to be in it going into Sunday to keep those Cubs/Cardinals games relevant.

Don't think they would not LOVE to hurt the Cubs chances, even if they are out. As much as we don't like the Cubs or Cardinals, the Cardinals and Cubs have hated each other for A LOT longer!

Can we just not have a meltdown if the Brewers do end up losing tonight? Counsell isn't an idiot. Stearns HAS improved this team. Braun isn't washed up (yet). And whatever else we can think of, let's just enjoy the ride of this awesome team.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Can we just not have a meltdown if the Brewers do end up losing tonight? Counsell isn't an idiot. Stearns HAS improved this team. Braun isn't washed up (yet). And whatever else we can think of, let's just enjoy the ride of this awesome team.

I'm disappointed but content if we go a game back tonight. We'd just be hoping big time for a Cubs loss tomorrow and still be 1 back heading into the weekend, which is what my pipe dream was as the start of the week. Keeping pace tonight, or God willing, going .5 up, would just be icing on the cake.

What fun would that be?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Cardinals are goin to play all of those games like it is the World Series. They would take sweet victory in watching the Cubs choke away the division. It is a nice consolation prize.

If we want to win this division we can and will do it. We have a favorable match-up tonight in a struggling starter who doesn't go deep into games and then a terrible Tigers team. We should go 3-1 at worst here people.

We are projected to face:

Zimmerman

Norris

Turnbull

Chacin going deep into the game tonight would help greatly, but not the end of the world if he doesn't. You would hope that they can get a pretty good lead in one of the Tigers games, and then just piggy back Anderson or Peralta with the starter. It's a tight race right now, but it's entirely possible that the last Tigers game will mean nothing. If that's the case Albers and Lyles can go 4 and 5 respectively, lol.

The Cardinals are goin to play all of those games like it is the World Series. They would take sweet victory in watching the Cubs choke away the division. It is a nice consolation prize.

If we want to win this division we can and will do it. We have a favorable match-up tonight in a struggling starter who doesn't go deep into games and then a terrible Tigers team. We should go 3-1 at worst here people.

Zimmerman

Norris

Turnbull

THIS.

We wanted the last games to matter for the Cardinals. And they do, they always have, but they do even more now. The Cardinals would love to drag the Cubs down into a one game wild card playoff to move on.....

IS IT GAME TIME YET?! I feel like a kid in the back seat on the way to a family vacation.

Zimmerman

Norris

Turnbull

THIS.

We wanted the last games to matter for the Cardinals. And they do, they always have, but they do even more now. The Cardinals would love to drag the Cubs down into a one game wild card playoff to move on.....

IS IT GAME TIME YET?! I feel like a kid in the back seat on the way to a family vacation.

Yeah, I can't take this, and I have ton of stuff to do, but I am just at an absolute 0 productivity level.

Zimmerman

Norris

Turnbull

THIS.

Yeah, I can't take this, and I have ton of stuff to do, but I am just at an absolute 0 productivity level.

Same. It's sad. It's only Wednesday..... :embarrassed :tired

Would it be possible for one of the mods to create another "Other MLB Games" thread for today's action? Cubs/Pirates, Dodgers/DBacks, Rockies/Phillies and Braves/Mets all have a bearing on the final standings.

Boy this week sure has been fun as a baseball fan!

Also, can we cuss if we clinch tonight? I dont think exclamation points and hash tags and dots will be able to express my joy. :laughing

I'm torn. Winning tonight clinches our playoff birth but also the cubs.

The Cubs aren't missing the playoffs. The semi-realistic dream is we knock the Cardinals out and the Cubs lose a WC game with Colorado.

Its not that i think they will miss the playoffs, just helping the cubs feels dirty.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

You guys, I am so jacked right now. Between these late games and the excitement, I’m hardly sleeping, but I feel totally wired. It’s only 11:15 am!?

I’m trying to remind myself that winning streaks are hard, the Brewers almost never sweep teams, a few days ago I would have been thrilled winning 2 of 3 in St. Louis, winning 3 of the next 4 is still a .750 percentage... but I can’t rationalize this. Losing another game this week would feel like a massive disappointment. It’s like the Cardinals are on life support and the Cubs broke an ankle and the Crew is reaching a dead sprint. It’s almost right in front of them!

Archived