Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-25: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cardinals (Gomber) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-4 -- Braun 2 HRs, Yelich for MVP of NL, AL, & Universe]

Eye Black
  • Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that shocking that a guy (Schoop) who has only faced American League pitching his entire career (except for interleague games obviously) has struggled with a move to the National league.

I fully expect him to have a lot better season next year.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm gonna beat my own dead horse and again bring up pitchers batting when you have multiple long relief options. This could have been a huge inning. Now Gio will probably give up runs in the bottom of the inning. It always seems pitchers give up more runs in the inning after they hit.

Ahem.

Im gonna beat a dead horse. Villar on this team makes way more sense than Schoop. Loved 3 of the 4 trades but that one.....ugh.

I'll beat a similar dead horse then. It was 100% obvious that Counsell was done with Villar.

True, but it sure seems like Schoop is getting similar Villar treatment. I mean, Perez plays more than he does(I say this without actually knowing if its true).

It's not that shocking that a guy (Schoop) who has only faced American League pitching his entire career (except for interleague games obviously) has struggled with a move to the National league.

Yea, seemed like he was a little shook up about the trade too. Affected him for a few games I think, then try to press to impress the new team... just snow balls. Thought he’d settle in after the big HR, and he has a little. He’s still an asset going forward I think.

Bob Uecker talking about breaking a sacred Coach Cooper rule...Scoreboard watching.

Well played, good catch. Yea and then all the announcers saying everyone does it on every team

Not on teams led by Coach Cooper...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yea, seemed like he was a little shook up about the trade too. Affected him for a few games I think, then try to press to impress the new team... just snow balls. Thought he’d settle in after the big HR, and he has a little. He’s still an asset going forward I think.

I mean...we knew he wasnt going to stay at 3 ops+ or whatever, but 50 is brutal.

Archived