Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-25: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cardinals (Gomber) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-4 -- Braun 2 HRs, Yelich for MVP of NL, AL, & Universe]

Eye Black
  • Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im gonna beat a dead horse. Villar on this team makes way more sense than Schoop. Loved 3 of the 4 trades but that one.....ugh.

Well if we pretend he would have heated up here...I tend to be a realist and just accept we weren’t fixing him for whatever reason. Still not great...but is what it is.

Still was kind of a pitiful trade value wise regardless though in my opinion.

Im gonna beat a dead horse. Villar on this team makes way more sense than Schoop. Loved 3 of the 4 trades but that one.....ugh.

Well if we pretend he would have heated up here...I tend to be a realist and just accept we weren’t fixing him for whatever reason. Still not great...but is what it is.

Schoop went from probably the hottest hitter in baseball to the coldest in a matter of days. If he would have kept up the pace he was at, it would have gone down as a great trade. And the team would likely have a few more wins. That's baseball, though.

Schoop went from probably the hottest hitter in baseball to the coldest in a matter of days. If he would have kept up the pace he was at, it would have gone down as a great trade. And the team would likely have a few more wins. That's baseball, though.

Yeah that is baseball...and guys don’t stay hot forever. Wish it was that easy.

I'll beat a similar dead horse then. It was 100% obvious that Counsell was done with Villar.

Absolutely true. He was just taking up a roster spot, serving no purpose whatsoever.

Agree with CC on this issue or not, Villar was done in Milwaukee. Trading him or cutting him loose was the only option.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm gonna beat my own dead horse and again bring up pitchers batting when you have multiple long relief options. This could have been a huge inning. Now Gio will probably give up runs in the bottom of the inning. It always seems pitchers give up more runs in the inning after they hit.

I like Gio’s Curve tonight ... hope he doesn’t implode but his stuff seems good so far!

I'm gonna beat my own dead horse and again bring up pitchers batting when you have multiple long relief options. This could have been a huge inning. Now Gio will probably give up runs in the bottom of the inning. It always seems pitchers give up more runs in the inning after they hit.

They blew through 10 relievers last night. Granted several did not throw a lot of pitches, but I think it would be prudent to let a guy who looks fine go more than two innings.

I mean if it was the 5th or 6th I'm right there with you. Or maybe if the bases were loaded with no one out and we had a chance to blow it open.

I doubt he'll get up again, but no one was even on. We have some long relief options but we can't really just never have our pitchers hit ever.

You don't have to shut them out to win.

They're up two, let him roll for a while.

Archived