Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-25: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cardinals (Gomber) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-4 -- Braun 2 HRs, Yelich for MVP of NL, AL, & Universe]

Eye Black

Walking away but barking at the ump with his head turned. He had every right to be tossed.

I get that. and generally speaking we don't have guys who do that. Guys talk a lot but usually it seems very polite if you will, calm is probably a good word. But if he's walking away just let him rant and let it go, deep down he probably realized that was a bad call not soon after he made it. I of course get tossing him too, he let him have his piece but still said one more thing there and that was his limit. Fine. I'm just in general sick of umps making terrible calls and then tossing guys for telling them it was a terrible call. For all teams.

The rules say NO arguing balls and strikes. Players get enough leeway as it is.

Really, it happens all the time. I'm talking the real world where it goes on all the time including our guys. Again, I totally get tossing him too as I said, that last turn and bark was it. Just saying I wouldn't have there due to the situation here of playoff baseball. And just my in general stance that the umps are a bit out of control these days so I just lean that way on this stuff at this point. That's it, I totally get the other view too.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will say that this "rule" about arguing balls and strikes being a no-no is crap. The strike zone is some taboo, like not admitting you have a favorite child?

but imagine a game where every ball and strike was debatable?

Games would never end...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Counsel wins, right again.

Not even close to true, but I'm happy.

Zero runs. Would Woody have done that? We don't know, but we DO know Knebel gave up 0. No extra credit for how it gets done.

No we don't know. Hardly makes it the "right" move though. Woodruff may have pitched through the 8th, saving the bullpen.

Anyway, peace. Go crew.

ALL of the players know what will get you tossed, and generally it is "showing up the ump" which means some kind of public shaming. They all know this. They can complain all they want if they don't make it obvious. Turning his head back around was his dagger and he knew it but was an idiot because he was correct and thought he would get a pass because of the playoff implications. Good on the ump for being consistent.

Good on Braun, keep piling on and we can use Kratz to close it out

Archived