Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-25: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cardinals (Gomber) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-4 -- Braun 2 HRs, Yelich for MVP of NL, AL, & Universe]

Eye Black
  • Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a three start stint...stats are meaningless for the most part. Give this guy the ball for 30 starts...yeah, I wouldn’t want to either. He is not a realizable guy and long term people would hate him as much as Anderson.

You really need to go look at Gio's 2017 numbers. Talented players have down years. He probably isn't as good as what he did last year, but he's likely better than what he's done this year.

It is a three start stint...stats are meaningless for the most part. Give this guy the ball for 30 starts...yeah, I wouldn’t want to either. He is not a realizable guy and long term people would hate him as much as Anderson.

Honest question, is there a reason you are dismissing (maybe not the right word) his 2017 season and career? Why is last year the noise and this year the signal?

Jeez, just last year Gio was very good All Star level. was good for a couple months to start this year too, then fell apart, and has been fine for us again. I think this take on him is a bit overboard, it's not like he's been James Shields the last 3 years. Not like he's some star or anything either. That's my two cents.

A healthy (hopefully) Nelson, Chacin, Burnes, Woodruff and Anderson/Davies. Yum-e

Peralta is going to have a say in the matter as well...

Future looks bright!

Yes it does. Is there any more desire to go after a Patrick Corbin in FA?

A healthy (hopefully) Nelson, Chacin, Burnes, Woodruff and Anderson/Davies. Yum-e

Peralta is going to have a say in the matter as well...

Future looks bright!

Yes it does. Is there any more desire to go after a Patrick Corbin in FA?

I think that ship has sailed. Time to let the kids pitch. Spend the money on something else.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Another head scratcher here, IMO... I get he wants Arcia for defense purposes, but just bring him in for Arcia or Perez or whoever. If you're gonna lift Woodruff for a pinch hitter, at least bring in someone who might get a hit like Shaw or Granderson..

Especially with a guy on 2B.

Head scratcher for sure.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

There is no way hitting Arcia makes sense accept hes staying in for D.

I'm guessing double-switch with the pitcher in Schoop's spot. Likely one pitcher per inning (hopefully) from here on out, so it doesn't matter that the pitcher's spot comes up 7th or 9th.

Frankly, I don't care who we play - just make the postseason. On our day we can beat anyone, and we can lay an egg on others. We can - and have - beaten Kershaw already this year, and I prefer to think certain teams look at our Murderer's Row with more trepidation.

I didn't but if we're .5 game out, then yeah, I do. I want the top seed.

Archived