Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-25: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cardinals (Gomber) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-4 -- Braun 2 HRs, Yelich for MVP of NL, AL, & Universe]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Boy I hope Woodruff gets some serious consideration for the rotation next spring.

He sure looks good doesn't he. Too many options for 5 spots would be a nice problem to have.

It's a mystery why he toiled so long in the minors this year, while they cycled through guys like Lopez, Logan and Zaborowski.

That I agree with. It felt like the team was unimpressed with his time in the majors, and sort of just dismissed him. Perhaps I'm wrong.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More 97 mph fastballs on the edge of the zone please.

Woody, busting 97 mph heat on the edge of the zone. All night long.

Now, this brings up the dilema - if the Brewers don't go 1-2-3 it puts them in a position to pinch-hit for Woodruff... but I'm not sure I want that. Woody is a decent hitter though.

Who's even left in the bullpen tonight? At least 2.0 IP would be worth an AB.

2-3 extra runs would be great here so you could just let Woodruff go 3 innings then someone like Barnes to end it. all the top guys fresh for tomorrow, and Jeffress a day healthier. Chances are that would include a PH for Woodruff coming up though (unless I missed a double switch)

Now, this brings up the dilema - if the Brewers don't go 1-2-3 it puts them in a position to pinch-hit for Woodruff... but I'm not sure I want that. Woody is a decent hitter though.

Knebel apparently. Jeffress is available. Lyles and Albers I guess.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

A healthy (hopefully) Nelson, Chacin, Burnes, Woodruff and Anderson/Davies. Yum-e

Peralta is going to have a say in the matter as well...

Future looks bright!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Lyles (ummm), Jennings (errr), and Albers (yikes!)

Yeah, I'm ok with Woody getting an AB.

Not Cubs related but the Reds are 10-19 since they said they weren't going to trade free agent to be Matt Harvey because they wanted to continue their momentum to the end of the year and into next year. This includes 4 straight losses to the Marlins and Royals.

Jennings, Soria, Guerra (who has been really good out of the pen), Jeffress, Lyles (who also has been really good out of the pen), Anderson...

Frankly, I don't care who we play - just make the postseason. On our day we can beat anyone, and we can lay an egg on others. We can - and have - beaten Kershaw already this year, and I prefer to think certain teams look at our Murderer's Row with more trepidation.

Running to the pen too often. It has consequences.

No, having Gio Gonzalez start meaningful games is the problem.

What in the heck are you talking about? The guy was 2-0 with an ERA under 2 for the Brewers coming into tonight. I'll go ahead and admit it, I'm hoping you say something to get banned if this keeps up.

It is a three start stint...stats are meaningless for the most part. Give this guy the ball for 30 starts...yeah, I wouldn’t want to either. He is not a realizable guy and long term people would hate him as much as Anderson.

A healthy (hopefully) Nelson, Chacin, Burnes, Woodruff and Anderson/Davies. Yum-e

Peralta is going to have a say in the matter as well...

Future looks bright!

Gotta have depth. I just have more faith in Woodruff and Burnes right now.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived