Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-25: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cardinals (Gomber) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-4 -- Braun 2 HRs, Yelich for MVP of NL, AL, & Universe]

Eye Black
  • Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More runs for Pittsburgh!

Coach Cooper doesn't look at the scoreboard. Just get the W in front of you. After tonight there's most likely only 15 games left in the season if you win every game. I guarantee a championship team like the Cubs don't know that we're winning right now, pedigree. Heck, they probably don't even know MKE is 1.5 back

More 97 mph fastballs on the edge of the zone please.

Woody, busting 97 mph heat on the edge of the zone. All night long.

Now, this brings up the dilema - if the Brewers don't go 1-2-3 it puts them in a position to pinch-hit for Woodruff... but I'm not sure I want that. Woody is a decent hitter though.

Woodruff’s stuff looks good , let’s hope that stays true

Woodruff has top 5 stuff of anyone in the system. If he has his command and can locate his pitches, he's nearly unhittable.

I admit that I was with the crowd that forgot him so go speak earlier in the year but it seems it really had a lot to do with the up down up down start pen start pen they did with him. Because he looks good, edges at 97-98 and slider at 89 , yea you can do some damage

Honestly, I don't get into the "I would rather play" thing. Teams can be red hot and then lay an egg in the playoffs and vice versa. All of the teams in the mix are very good.

Edit: So cool to see Woodruff dealing. I really believe something wasn't quite right with him, injury, delivery, something.

Boy I hope Woodruff gets some serious consideration for the rotation next spring.

He sure looks good doesn't he. Too many options for 5 spots would be a nice problem to have.

It's a mystery why he toiled so long in the minors this year, while they cycled through guys like Lopez, Logan and Zaborowski.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

No, having Gio Gonzalez start meaningful games is the problem.

What in the heck are you talking about? The guy was 2-0 with an ERA under 2 for the Brewers coming into tonight. I'll go ahead and admit it, I'm hoping you say something to get banned if this keeps up.

Him get banned? This is two consecutive IGT's where you gotten unhinged because someone doesn't agree with you. Opinions are allowed even if they aren't yours.

Guys, please stop. Just stop it now so this doesn't get any worse.

Thank you.

Yea I've been one on the why doesn't Woodruff get a crack train this year too. Glad to see I wasn't crazy and he's contributing when needed.

Next year's starting rotation could be so much different than this year with sigh high heat arms added to it in Woodruff and Burns, and even Nelson.

Archived