Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-24: Brewers (Bullpen) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-4 -- Lots of drama & a clutch W!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if there is Jeffress news coming, Twitter doesn’t appear to know it yet.

Josh Kusnick retweeted a normal Jeremy Jeffress video 6 hours ago, so I doubt anything was afoot then. He probably just has a stomach bug.

If that we’re the case...wouldn’t they just tell us that? Rock and BA and all the rest being in the dark over a stomach bug?

I’m very concerned...hope I’m wrong

I am not Shea Vucinich

Jeffress was unavailable because of neck spasms. Counsell says he is day to day.

That was via this Jay Cohen Tweet.

Still fishy. An injury where you tell none of the media and the player can’t even sit in the bullpen?

Hopefully Counsell was just playing it close to the vest against the Cards so they thought he’d be available? I dunno, but hope that is that.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Just looking at the pitching matchups for the Pirates/Cubs series, and none of those are gimmes for the Cubs. Archer pitched great his last time out against KC, Nova has been very good for roughly the last month, and we all know what Trevor Williams can do. That Pirates starting staff could be very good.

I think people are reading way to much into Jeffress not being in the pen.

I don't think there's a conspiracy or anything. Just wondering if there's a protocol for neck spasms. I'd want to be there even if I couldn't pitch, personally, fwiw.

I think people are reading way to much into Jeffress not being in the pen.

I don't think there's a conspiracy or anything. Just wondering if there's a protocol for neck spasms. I'd want to be there even if I couldn't pitch, personally, fwiw.

I'm sure Jeremy would too, but the priority over that should be getting him back in a condition to pitch as soon as possible. If the medical staff would prefer he be resting, icing, whatever he was doing rather than sitting there for several hours in the pen, I'm all for it if it helps his recovery.

From FSN Twitter:

Dn6bSpaXsAAECAY.jpg

Why do so many women get all upset if their guy looks at another nice looking woman? IMO it is because they are insecure in their relationship. If my hubby didn't look at a pretty girl I'd check for his pulse.

Just read the whole thread. Some nice work in there. The bed-wetting in the 4th inning was particularly fantastic. Especially since it was pointed out like 12 times that they couldn't have Carpenter face a lefty every at bat. :laughing

The Jeffress speculation made me fairly uncomfortable, although BA didn't do anyone any favors there to be sure. Glad it's nothing serious.

Archived