Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-24: Brewers (Bullpen) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-4 -- Lots of drama & a clutch W!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, 95 from Soria

Fastest he's been on the gun since coming to the Brewers. I wonder if St. Louis has a quick gun, though? Hicks is fast, but I don't know about 102 fast.

Hicks is the highest average fastball in the game so he definitely is 102 fast. I think he can touch 105. It is so odd that he doesn't get more K's with the stuff though.

Order up on the plate of crow, please! Way to go, Soria

Should we start the thread?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why would Bader ask to have the ball checked?

Typical Cardinals move to try to make the other team uncomfortable. Same reason LaRussa barked at umpires every time we threw a normal inside pitch in the last playoff series vs them, it got Yost to stop calling inside pitches.

Wow, 95 from Soria

Fastest he's been on the gun since coming to the Brewers. I wonder if St. Louis has a quick gun, though? Hicks is fast, but I don't know about 102 fast.

Hicks is the highest average fastball in the game so he definitely is 102 fast. I think he can touch 105. It is so odd that he doesn't get more K's with the stuff though.

His fastball is straight as an arrow, and he doesn't really pitch up in the zone. Most of these guys can hit a fastball in the strike zone, even one coming in at triple digits. Hicks has a great future ahead of him, though.

Why would Bader ask to have the ball checked?

Typical Cardinals move to try to make the other team uncomfortable. Same reason LaRussa barked at umpires every time we threw a normal inside pitch in the last playoff series vs them, it got Yost to stop calling inside pitches.

But the hand as lots of little bones in it.

Archived