Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-24: Brewers (Bullpen) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-4 -- Lots of drama & a clutch W!]

Eye Black
I apologize for generally coming off too positive or just trust the manager.

No need to apologize.

Counsell has managed us to the second best record in the NL to this point which would seem to indicate he is making good decisions more often than bad ones.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quoteBased on how the game was started, it would have made total sense to stick with it, and not allow Carp to face a righty.

For whatever reason, that plan was abandoned, and the decision made failed.

How do you know what the plan was? It certainly wasn't to have a lefty face him every ab that's impossible.

But it's all results based after the fact. Most of these decisions are complete toss ups and can go either way without a clear cut right/wrong. Just saying trying to remember that would probably ease a lot of tension.

I apologize for generally coming off too positive or just trust the manager. I guess I'm a little burned from being forced to watch the Badger game (overlapping with the Pit shutout Sat night) with a super negative guy. It was painful to listen to. Everything is this person sucks or the coaches are an idiot, hornibrook is god awful etc. Acted like the Brewers are in mid collapse and I barely know the guy so after one time reminding him they've lost one series in like 2.5 months I just bit my tongue.

That's the point though. It wasn't a coin toss to start Jennings tonight. It was a decision based on analytics that said you need to start Carpenter with a lefty. Did that same data say it was OK to have Carpenter face a righty with a man on in the third? I doubt it. That lack of consistency is what is being questioned. CC is a fine manager, but this was weird.

I don't know how it's missed that they don't have enough lefties to face him every time. He decided to try it there with a righty instead of later. That's where the toss up came, when to do it. He chose then so that come the 8th or 9th he still has a lefty for him and/or Fat Adams when needed.

Am I crazy I do feel like opposing pitchers have been gifting us runs with bases loaded walks and wild pitches a lot lately?

I apologize for generally coming off too positive or just trust the manager.

No need to apologize.

Counsell has managed us to the second best record in the NL to this point which would seem to indicate he is making good decisions more often than bad ones.

Doesn't mean he can't be criticized or that every decision he makes is a good one. I have literally NEVER made a post criticizing CC before tonight and I happen to think he is a very progressive and good manager. Tonight, I don't get it.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived