Brewer Fanatic

2018-09-24: Brewers (Bullpen) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-4 -- Lots of drama & a clutch W!]

Eye Black
The way Thames is swinging the bat, I don't think there is any good time to use him right now. Maybe in a blowout.

ha ha, yes, all true... but at least there is always a chance he goes yard with a guy on.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what would ya'll have said if he used Cedono there and then later with bases loaded 2 outs he has to use Barnes.

I can't speak for the rest of y'all, but I would have said it was the right thing to do with a man on...

Worry about later, later.

LOL several here are bashing the guy for letting him face a righty with 2 outs and a guy on 1st. Literally the 2nd least dangerous time possible. And you don't think if that happened people would be bashing him. So far it's 1 run in 4 innings and he's getting ripped on

Yeah, Saladino would be about my 6th choice behind Granderson, Santana, Schoop, Broxton, and Thames

Seeing Saladino was a surprise no doubt. Flaherty's best pitch is his slider. Maybe Saladino was the guy out of that group who they felt had the best chance vs the slider. He did put in a pretty good at bat. Also, any one of those other 5 listed could be someone they have ticketed for a specific reliever. Again, they know and look at a lot more data then we do.

Some of these "hot takes" need to be said before the result happens...

Right, if Carpenter hits that right at Yeli instead no one says a word.

agree on the surprised not to just try and get lucky with a Thames dinger, you never know when he runs into one

Some of these "hot takes" need to be said before the result happens...

I know right? People are upset because CC lied to them? Peralta pitched great with the exception of one pitch. I had no problem at all with the decision to pitch Peralta that long. I don't know why others did.

Bringing in Cedano to face Carpenter would have made sense based on the way the game was started. I doubt anyone would have disagreed with the decision, regardless of the result.

It would have made sense, given the exact situation at that time. Carpenter at bat, man on base, you bring in the lefty in a 1-0 game.

So now, he brings in a lefty to face Carpenter. Williams really needed to get Flaherty right there.

Geez.

Just turned the game on and read through this thread. Allowed 1 run through almost 5 innings. Gosh, this whole pitcher/bullpen nonsense really did blow up in Counsell's face. I look forward to the press conference announcing his firing tomorrow.

You know, the overreacting goes both ways. I didn't see anything over the top. Questioning the moves in an important game seems prudent. I didn't see any sky is falling posts, though.

Just turned the game on and read through this thread. Allowed 1 run through almost 5 innings. Gosh, this whole pitcher/bullpen nonsense really did blow up in Counsell's face. I look forward to the press conference announcing his firing tomorrow.

You know, the overreacting goes both ways. I didn't see anything over the top. Questioning the moves in an important game seems prudent. I didn't see any sky is falling posts, though.

But I do see a whole lot of condescension not getting called out the way it was when it was going the other way.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Always does...

Burning that pen may burn us. This really shall be interesting. Hopefully Braun has another dinger in him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived